What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating Fire / Flames ( Help! )

dannov

Hey guys! I want to be able to add fire / flames to an image that I have ( eventually making it a flame animation of sorts ), yet all the tutorials on the web seem to be strictly for fire-based text. I tried to adapt these tutorials, but was unable to do so successfully. If one of you guys can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it -- take it easy! ( I'm a beginner of sorts to Photoshop )

You'll probably get your best results by attempting to learn the effect as presented in the tutorials.

If can make a type layer look like it's on fire, you'll then have learned the effect well enough that you should be able to adapt it to any object on its own layer with the same results.

Post what you do here, so we can help if you're having any problems following the tutorials!

Those are some stunning photos, Hatch. Your site is a fabulous repository of goodies.

Thank you Welles!

Glad you liked the photos, they were taken in a dump of all places in Iraq...

I was so into the images... I have about 50... I was getting a little to close lol. There were things blowing up all around me, cans and stuff... LOL It was fun!

Thank you for the comments and glad you liked the site.

Take care, Hatch

Back