What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS 2 vs CS 5

Randy Myers

Man, time flies when you're having fun. I bought CS 2 several years ago and just never felt a major need to upgrade. Heck, there's still a lot I probably don't know about CS2 yet. Recently though, I've begun to wonder what I might be missing. I do a lot of photo editing and manipulation.

So, for those of you that go all the way back to CS2, what are the new features in CS5 that you truly don't know what you would do without. Things that were impossible with CS2. Also, what new features do you use regularly that you know save you a tremendous amount of time compared to CS2.

it's like night and day get the upgrade, it's save you so much time!

selections so much easier with the upgraded tools and refine edges the whole work flow the amount of extra things built in to speed up your work flow. Content aware, puppet warp the ability to use 3d filters and 3rd party filters x64 bit version speeds it up a lot gee I could go on all night

Tools are more easy to access, 64 bit versions increase productivity, better selection algorithms, HDR Toning, puppet-warp tool, cleaner & more open interface, content-aware tool is amazing, many, many speachless things. The day I upgraded to Photoshop CS5 64-Bit Extended I was shocked. I am never going back to any other class suite, and yes, I have started with CS2- jeez that program seems so backwards to me now... and CS3 was even worse.

The upgrade is a good idea.
Here's whats new:

This is what my interface is looks like... I just got a new HDD in my custom build computer so I had to re-install windows 7... So I haven't had time to get my old Photoshop CS5 workspace set-ups... But the adobe pre-made "Design" workspace looks great too.
capturean.jpg

Last edited:

Back