What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS2 crashing w/certain color picker actions

luispunchy

Hi - new here, hope you all can help me out. I'll give as much info as I think is relevant. First my software and system info:
  • Photoshop CS2 (version 9.0.2.0)
  • Windows XP Pro sp3 (running on a dell inspiron 9300)
  • 2Ghz processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 26 Gigs free hard disk space

Here's what I'm doing. I have a file open and working. When I try to click on the foreground or background in the tools menu to get the color picker, the application hangs... become completely unresponsive. I have to forcibly quite (ctrl+alt+delete) and restart.

Same result when I have a shape layer and try to double-click on the layer icon to edit that with the color picker - again, PS will hang and must be forcibly quit.

These are the only two scenarios I've stumbled upon but they are consistent - happens every time.

This only happens with this one particular file. The color picker works fine when I open new files. I suppose the obvious answer here is that this particular file is corrupted???

I've checked my laptops error logs and each event is logged there, called "Application Hang" and with a description of "Fault bucket 315619741" - real useful info ;) (stupid windoze...)

Are there any troubleshooting steps I can run through to try to isolate the cause? Assuming it is file corruption, any way to fix that? Or is my only choice to (ack!) create an entirely new file. I have a LOT of work done in this file, so I hope for another option. Any suggestions are appreciated - thanks.

I don't know if this would help you, but it is worth trying.
1. Try 'Save As' and save it as a new file and work on it.
2. Or Open a new file with the same image dimension and drag the contents from this corrupted file to the new file and work on it.
3. Or try re-installing the application again.

Open a new file with the same image dimension and drag the contents from this corrupted file to the new file and work on it.

that is exactly what I ended up doing shortly after posting this thread.... seems I was quite tired (long day working) and didn't think of that. It worked and I'm all set! Thanks for your reply.

Back