What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS5 Brushes and mode acting up

maggie2

Hi,
I don't know what happened to my Photoshop (CS5) but my brush has turned into a cross and has extremely sharp edges. I have tried going into preferences and resetting the cursor but to no avail. Additionally, in the mode area for the brushes I no longer have a normal setting. There are only two settings that are not greyed out and those are Threshold and Dissolve. Can someone please help me get this fixed?
Thanks,
Marg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Marg............er...Maggie. Is your caps lock on?

Also, try resetting the tool. Right click on the brush icon in the upper left corner of the Brush Tools-tools option bar, select reset tool.

If this does not work, reset Ps's prefs:

How to reset Photoshop preferences (In Windows):
First, hold down all three Ctrl + Alt + Shift buttons. Now "while keeping those button held," simply open Photoshop or a file that opens with Photoshop, and as Photoshop loads, you should get a prompt asking if you would like to "delete the Photoshop settings file", Click yes

On a Mac, hold Shift + Option + Command while starting Photoshop to delete the preferences.

You should now have a fresh slate with all of the settings returned to their default.

Last edited: