What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Dark photos with lights

I made some photos with my camera in Vietnam, playing with the shutter speed. I think I have some cool photos now, but i’m really bad at the editing and don’t know which is prettiest to edit.

Can someone please make something beautiful out of this? Forever grateful!

88FFA45A-EB95-4707-8C88-C7F3886DB022.jpeg

6DE0139C-A1A8-4891-B5A8-D3577EC36B6E.jpeg

D5B06B78-50AA-4E42-B868-E9A471E5DED1.jpeg

6FA535F2-FB96-48D9-99FD-70451D97E69F.jpeg

F178606B-7BBD-4E98-9DB6-35DAA9DBF2EC.jpeg

2605CD7E-705F-4384-9A79-D134A37A314B.jpeg

7EF9BC65-8A2C-4824-A4EF-B2FDBF8812ED.jpeg

I combined your 5th image (best exposure of the lanterns) and 6th image. Then I played with the brightness, contrast and saturation, and also did a slight crop of the right side. (I guess you used a tripod because the lanterns matched perfectly in the two images.)

Vietnam.jpg

Color isn't my best option but thought to take a try at it. Reduced the orange color cast and then added saturation. Sharpened a bit since the woman is out of focus probably from a night shoot. Retouched up the lamps to bring them back and add a bit of drama to the shot.
Let me know what you think - also would welcome comments from the group here.
- Jeff
tree lights edit.jpg

I agree with JeffK that sharpening the woman (only her and the bench, nothing else) looks better. I'm attaching my revised edit here. (And I like the orange color cast because many of the lanterns are orange, so it adds to the mood.)

Vietnam.jpg

@Rich54 - awesome work, Rich. I also like how the lamps/lanterns are presented and that connects the orange cast.
Great aesthetics!
- Jeff

I agree with JeffK that sharpening the woman (only her and the bench, nothing else) looks better. I'm attaching my revised edit here. (And I like the orange color cast because many of the lanterns are orange, so it adds to the mood.)

View attachment 107421

Oh wow, both awesome! Can you also do the one where i’m standing underneath the tree instead of sitting

This one was tougher to work with. Tried using the same settings but trying to bake the same cake with different ingredients.
Did my best - hope this one works for you.
- Jeff
tree lights standing 2 edited.jpg

Back