What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Declined Suggestion] Old threads

KRF

Power User
Hi me again,

There is a hack for vB4 that stoped people bumpping old threads, as some threads are from 2006, and have a post from 2010 answering the OPs question, I think this hack maybe a good idea, this will stop old question being answered, as the OP hasent been back to the forum since 2007.

Link here:
Don''t bump old threads. - vBulletin.org Forum

Thread in question:
http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photography/4226-what-digitalcamera-should-i-get.html

Last time OP loged in:
Last Activity:10-05-2007 07:10 AM.

Just an idea

Most of the time I don't see a problem with bumping old threads, especially if there is a legitimate reason for doing so (which can sometimes be the case).

Even if the OP is not around anymore other people can still benefit from answers in some cases.

Now if we are talking about questions relating to Photoshop 7 or something is obviously now irrelevant (like digital cameras from 2007 as you pointed out) then there's no reason to bump those threads. If a mod had some extra time they could locked certain threads in question.... but I don't see the need to make a rule about it or for that mod... not yet anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Bump old threads?

Hi KRF,

I'm glad idad invited you back to the site here --- and --- glad you took intitiative to join us. I'm guessing most of your posts have been very helpful to the admin.

I have to agree with Gaussian on the thread bumping issue though. Sometimes the old posts are well worth bringing to people's attention if they are still relevant. Just the other day someone bumped a post regarding the site High Resolution Textures | Free Textures, Game Textures, 3D Textures, Design Resources and More as a source for " all the high resolution textures you will ever need".

I went to the site, wondering if it was still active. It was and what a treasure of textures!. I may not have found it if the post hadn't been bumped. I have been meaning to thank the person who bumped the thread.

Another post that was bumped recently - I also found extremely interesting and informative and was also grateful for that post being bumped.

In any case, I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to share your ideas for making photoshopgurus the best site possible. I heartily agree with most of what you share.

Thanks for being here. It's fun to see you and idad sparing with one another.

All the Best! :)

Hi KRF,

I'm glad idad invited you back to the site here --- and --- glad you took intitiative to join us. I'm guessing most of your posts have been very helpful to the admin.

I have to agree with Gaussian on the thread bumping issue though. Sometimes the old posts are well worth bringing to people's attention if they are still relevant. Just the other day someone bumped a post regarding the site High Resolution Textures | Free Textures, Game Textures, 3D Textures, Design Resources and More as a source for " all the high resolution textures you will ever need".

I went to the site, wondering if it was still active. It was and what a treasure of textures!. I may not have found it if the post hadn't been bumped. I have been meaning to thank the person who bumped the thread.

Another post that was bumped recently - I also found extremely interesting and informative and was also grateful for that post being bumped.

In any case, I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to share your ideas for making photoshopgurus the best site possible. I heartily agree with most of what you share.

Thanks for being here. It's fun to see you and idad sparing with one another.

All the Best! :)

Well psIloveyou, I have been on this forum for some time, but when all the spamming came I had to leave as there was more spam than real posts, how ever iDad did ask me to come back, so I did and I can see thing's that Admins may not have thought about, and some of my ideas may not even work on this site, like this one, but I hope to help this forum out as much as I can.

Thanks for your replay, like I said some ideas may not work for the forum.

Thanks so much for your help and glad you are back! I'm a newbie here so don't have the perspective you have. I'm guessing it was hard to see a site go to ruin. Glad you are in there helping to prevent that from happening again.

The current admin and mods seem to be doing a great job.

You're the first one to have the courage to use my full user name. Makes me smile.

Have a great night. :)

Back