What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Design this logo

DirtRider

Well I am doing this more for the learning curve I can get from it. In this thread http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/graphic-design-showroom/28512-any-good.html I asked if my logo was any good for the following brief as it turned out I was way off what the guy wanted lol

Band name: Kwelduvel
Genre: (Post-)black metal/ acoustic
influences: Alcest, Agalloch, Amesoeurs, Lantlos
Sounds like: Melancholic acoustic music and slow lo-fi (depressive black) metal
What I'm looking for: A simple, easily-readable logo, maybe inspired by the logos of Alcest and Agalloch.
Preferred colors: White logo on black background (maybe a white gif with no background?)

Here are the example logos he is talking about Alcest - Official homepage and Encyclopaedia Metallum - Agalloch. Now the funny thing he is talking about an easy to read logo and I don't think any of those two are easy to read :)

Oh and this was a free request on another graphics forum so no money involved sorry just the prestige of knowing you were able to do it :lol:

So once we have a few logos ready I can post them over that side and lets see if we are any good for what he wants

Last edited:
Whose idea was it to put the logo in a rectangle and Bevel and Emboss it? IMO, it looks cheeszy. I wandered over to the site and didn't see any of theirs edges beveled. May be that's what turned them against the design. Try losing the bevel or at least making it smaller.

Knock Knock, helloooooo, McFly!!!!!!

And that's just it. I'm thinking they are steering away from that and venturing into "Kwelduvel". As in changing their name? The overall site isn't that professional IMO.

Ok iDad how did you do that :lol: Actually if the truth be told I don't much care for giving these guys a logo :rolleyes: If you do a search they are hitting just about every graphics site on the net asking for one and still telling people to contact them when you have submitted one. For me I just want to do it to learn more about techniques on PS :cheesygrin:

Yes DirtRider. Thats why most of my friends take on jobs like this, for the knowledge. That is typical, them posting on every GFX Site. I've seen it done for years. Eventually, some one will do something that floats their boat and you never hear from them again. I've been in the forums to long, here I am rambling about my experiences. :rofl:

if your getting paid, you should always watermark your work until $ is in your possession GFX kind of rule of thumb:thumbsup:

would actually like to get a killer logo going and make them pay for it lol

Well it looks like this is the one they like

kwellduvel-logo-write.gifI

Last edited:
that is just DUMB you can not read it
they need to study what makes a good logo
just my opinion

she did the same at DT&G

Looks like Sarah Johnson is spamming with her sig, just a hunch!

:eek:fftopic: Ayt, but there is no link in it, unless one of you mods removed already.

BTW, a logo is not always legible, it is meant to represent the client. :mrgreen:

OK thanks, I'll figure you guys out soon enough, and I won't make such stupid comments. :redface:

Back