What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Designing Press Pass

xavierpixels

Hey guys,

New to this forum and trying to design my own press pass. The dimensions I have used is 3.5"X5.5" in CS5. However once I go through File, New and punch in these dimensions it opens up but the area looks pretty huge!

I got rulers on the page and it shows the above dimensions but it says 50% so full size is obviously twice this.

So how does this work? Even though the above IS the size I want, why does CS5 say that its only showing 50%?

Just thought I'd ask this first before I jump in and start on it?

many thanks,
Xavier.

When you are deciding on your image size you need to think about the requirements of your final product.

In the new document dialog box just beneath the dimensions you can find the resolution. If you intend on printing, try setting it at 300 ppi (dpi). If this is for viewing on a a screen you can get away with 72 ppi.

Once you have a document open, you can also hit command option I (sorry i dont remember the PC key commands) witch will display image size. here you can see dimensions and resolution.

Back