What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

did this in photoshop... and golive

hedsteve

ok so its not done... I need to make the 4 pages for the links still but ok here is page one... think of it as a sneak peak...

www.rusthead.com

the whole site was designed in photoshop 7
deleted background layer
saved as a photoshop file(not saved for web)
opened Golive 6
Start new PAGE (doesn't work with start new site)
import the photoshop file
it goes through and saves all the files for the web and sets them all in floating boxes and places them on the page like they should be...

then go back and fix any problems with the code like the source of the images (I had that problem) and set the links... its not too hard...

Hi hedsteve, welcome to the community. Hope you enjoy your stay. [excited]

I like the design idea overall. Good colours and layout.

You may however need to keep an eye on the overall page file size. It's at 121kb right now, which is quite large, particularily for a Portfolio site. The main culprit i suspect is the header photo. This type of site should be fast and clean. "Hit-it-&-quit-it" so-to-speak. And the bulk of your page thus far is actually really good and small. It's the header photo that will have to be decided on, to reduce pageload size.

You may also want to remove the halos from the text and main logo. If those fauuzy halos aren't intentional ( [stuned] ), then this tute can help you to remove them: Transparent Images for the Web

PS: good explanation on your methods. :perfect:

Great layout.

I agree with Mark, those halos need to be gotten rid of. You can probably add them to the background image and slice it up smaller. This should cut back on your loading time also.

Sanby

Nice layout and colours, hedsteve! ;)

Ditto on the comments posted so far! it looks to have real potential just need to sort the halos around your text,cant wait to see the final web site :perfect: :)

hmm yeah I noticed those white dots around things and was going to try figuring it out thanks for the tut...

I had a few spelling errors pointed out to me too so I'm gonna fix that when I get a chance this weekend..

[confused] Guest? Who is "Guest"? I checked the Memberlist and there's no such registration! Are you, in fact, hedsteve? [confused]

Scratching my head... [confused]

:D LOL wbiss it happened to me aswell in the other thread started by prophecy about borders I think there might be some sort of bug, i was logged in when i left my reply

Technology today huh? :D :rofl:

;) Thanks for the confirmation, Gurch! ;)

I did notice that thread that you speak of, but I let it slip by... but then it happened for the 3rd time [doh] and I couldn't help but wonder aloud! [stuned]

[confused] Curious minds need to know... and so does Mark! ;)

yes that was me... and I still haven't gotten around to doing anything about the page..

[confused] Yep... I can see that it happened to you too hedsteve! I finally figured that one out, too... but by then I was too busy scratching my head (trying to make the connection between Gurch and yourself) 8[ :rofl:

No hurry on the webpage design hedsteve!... You know what ya gotta do and I know that you'll do it when you can! ;)

Just let me say, once again, great design/layout/colours! :perfect:

ok its going to take longer than planned because I got distracted by actually having to do stuff for school and I got hired to do another site... so hopefully I'll be able to get to work on it soon... summer semester is only 4 weeks away...

I can relate about the lack of time, hedsteve! Keep at it...you have a good start there.

Back