What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you know...

ApWizard

...try this (i think ps cs only):

- open a photo
- select a portion of it (selection must be the same width of the picture and hight let me say 400 pixel)
- apply a filter (e.g. gaussian blur)
- fade it! (ctrl+shift+f and change the blending mode to screen or overlay or...)
- deselect
- zoom

good, uh?

instead of zoom you can paint over the picture with a 1% opacity brush. [confused]

ApWizard said:
instead of zoom you can paint over the picture with a 0% opacity brush.
Greetings ApWizard,
This seems a bit cryptic. Can you share with us what this does or at least post an image? Photoshop only allows integers from 1 to 100 in the Brush Opacity setting, doesn't it?
Are you demonstrating the Fade... command (and it's blending modes) or something else?
Is there something the Zoom Tool is doing that is unusual?
Is there some specific reason that the selection is on only a "portion" of the image? Why does it need to be the same width of the image?
Inquiring minds want to know!
:D

Thanks for asking Klaatu. I figured I was missing something when I saw no unexpected results... \:]

Me too, me too! I tried it last night and couldn't quite understand what it's suppose to do. I was waiting to see if I was the only one lost. ;\

Back