What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Painting (an attempt @ photorealism)

Brant73

This was created with Photoshop CS2 using paths, gradients and brushes
You can see the progression HERE and a higher res image HERE
The original photo reference is HERE
Thanks for looking! :D

Re: Digital Pianting (an attempt @ photorealism)

[stuned] :surprised: [stuned] :surprised:

Uh....Wow!

!!W00T!!
:} :} :}
The only thing I dislike is the checker background and the straigt, 2d-like shadow underneath the car. Besides that I think you did a excellent job.

helluva job pardner. :perfect: you nailed it

Very very VERY well done. Did you work with the source image in another window?

Thanks for sharing a step-by-step!

sPECtre said:
Very very VERY well done. Did you work with the source image in another window?

Thanks for sharing a step-by-step!
Yes I kept the ref pic on a layer on the bottom of the stack. I just traced my paths around each component of the car. I basically used it for my proportions. So no I didn't actually "draw" the car, it was a trace [innocent]

Still, I liked how you rendered the different materials, just by varying the reflections. It is just the one on the front spoiler that looks plasticy, but I get the same impression on the original image.

sPECtre said:
Still, I liked how you rendered the different materials, just by varying the reflections. It is just the one on the front spoiler that looks plasticy, but I get the same impression on the original image.
Thanks I appreciate the comment. I originally chose that ref photo because there weren't many variations in colors (ie reflections from the surroundings and stuff) I guess I just thought it would be simpler to do, but I'm going to try something a bit more challenging next. I've got some traditional sketches that I've scanned in, I may paint something along those lines.

Back