What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Glass and Bars

gordo

Just back from a few days in Chester, which included a day at the famous zoo. my two problems with a few images.

1) how to clean the viewing glass to see animal more clearly if possible .. I don't expect a super sharp image afterwards.

2) very close to above how to remove the netting and bar marks same reason . and same type of result .. not expecting superb results

I would like to learn these myself instead of asking for someone else to do it. Just some suggestions and hints.

Thanks in advance

thebestcpu

Guru
Its always helpful to post an example image which represents the problem with which you want help.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

gordo

point taken . weren't quite sure.

DSC_4784.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
With photos like this you need to sit back and get ready for some tedious work. You need to have the frame of mind that you will never make this look perfect as though the glass were never there.

The first thing I would do is tone, contrast, and color correction.
Original
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 7.57.16 AM.png

Corrected
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 7.55.29 AM.png

Then I would go to work on the window with the Spot Healing Brush Tool and clean up as much as possible.
Concentrate mostly on the Orangutan. Don't try to remove large reflections with this tool.
This step alone will improve the image immensely.
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 7.55.12 AM.png

Since it would require more work than I have time for at the moment, I would then get to work on the reflections with the Brush Tool and the Clone Stamp Tool.

JeffK

Guru
Sam is correct - highly tedious work done correctly. Had just been looking for the same answer a few days ago - came upon this website:
How To Remove Fence Lines by Glyn Dewis
Didn't work for me since the reflections were far worse, But this might help you. Still might need the additional work that Sam posted above.
Hope this helps.
- Jeff