What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disk error while importing from Lightroom

Gilmore

I am currently running Lightroom Classic version 13.2 and Photoshop version 25.5.0.
Last week when attempting to export from lightroom to Photoshop for further editing I am getting a "Could not open “752C8634.CR2” because of a disk error." error message when using one of my external hard drives. I can access and open the same file in Photoshop when I open it directly from Photoshop. I only receive the error when trying to export from Lightroom for further editing. I have not to my knowledge done anything or changed anytime in the two programs prior to experiencing this error.
Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Hi, did you try to close both Lightroom and Photoshop and reopen them both? Then try the export process again. The error should escape.Sometimes just restarting the soft can resolve it. Otherwise, try resetting the preferences for Lightroom/ Hold Shift + Option (Mac) or Shift + Alt (Windows) while launching Lightroom. A dialog will appear and you can reset the preferences. If preferences corrupted it can cause issues.

Hi, did you try to close both Lightroom and Photoshop and reopen them both? Then try the export process again. The error should escape.Sometimes just restarting the soft can resolve it. Otherwise, try resetting the preferences for Lightroom/ Hold Shift + Option (Mac) or Shift + Alt (Windows) while launching Lightroom. A dialog will appear and you can reset the preferences. If preferences corrupted it can cause issues.
Sangreeno, thank you for your suggestion. I had previously restarted both Lightroom and Photoshop before asking for help. I did just try your suggestion and received the same error message. This only occurs when using files from one of my external hard disks and not the others. One would think it was a hard drive issue but Lightroom and Photoshop recognize all the hard drives and will access them directly just not when using the [Cmd + E] command in Lightroom. It is frustrating! Again, thank you for your suggestion.

Back