What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dissing Avatars

:shocked: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: hehehehehe! ;)

(just you wait, Red....... :p )

...and wait and wait and wait...dang, I wish I had more time to play...boohoo

Sheba said:
You can try on mine!

I didn't think mine was interesting enough to do anything with, but after seeing some of these, I look like fair game too! :rofl:

Actually your's was stimulation for an attempted animation featuring, gasp the dreaded lens flare! :shocked:

Unfortunately it turned out to be far too big of a file to post here at 234K... I don't know what I was thinking when I hoped to get it under 100K! Sheesh. If I had realized how big the file was going to be anyway I would have added another dozen frames and reduced the jerkiness. Oh well. With that apology...

So here's Sheba's GIF...

Pretty weak attempt here but it's a start. [confused]

welles.gif

Welles said:
Sheba said:
You can try on mine!

I didn't think mine was interesting enough to do anything with, but after seeing some of these, I look like fair game too! :rofl:

Actually your's was stimulation for an attempted animation featuring, gasp the dreaded lens flare! :shocked:

Unfortunately it turned out to be far too big of a file to post here at 234K... I don't know what I was thinking when I hoped to get it under 100K! Sheesh. If I had realized how big the file was going to be anyway I would have added another dozen frames and reduced the jerkiness. Oh well. With that apology...

So here's Sheba's GIF...

Ooooh that's cool! 8D And I don't care what anyone says, lens flare ROCKS! :rofl:

Welles said:

Aw geez Welles!

That pretty much sums me up right about now. Should I bother closing my drapes tonight? are you outside my window?

Great work, as always. Thanks. :perfect:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :perfect: Great ones as usual, Welles -- I especially love ric's lion avatar now! Hehehehehe! :D :}

Good one with the boat, too, Doc! :perfect:

yeah sure, always one to have a laugh at my expense, eh Raven?

Just for that I think I might use it as my av from now on! :D

:rofl: I grabbed the lion avatar too and was playing, because I don't know much about animation and wanted to give it the ol' college try. I made a pathetic animated gif once, so I kinda know.. but not really. [sleepy]

This probably belongs in another thread but.. How do you make the avatars bigger without making them all pixel, Welles? AND why does image-ready take forever to come up in CS2? I've never been able to get that thing to load without losing patience. :(|

p?tr??k said:
Welles, your having WAY too much fun! :p :D

Guilty as charged, Your Honor. I'm working full time on a construction job these last few weeks so when I get home I'm too tired for anything but stupid! Stupid's fun! :D

ricib said:
That pretty much sums me up right about now. Should I bother closing my drapes tonight? are you outside my window?

No peeking was needed...It just seemed obvious... ;)

Sheba said:
This probably belongs in another thread but.. How do you make the avatars bigger without making them all pixel, Welles? AND why does image-ready take forever to come up in CS2?

In this case all I did was use Bicubic Sharper and resized the image 200%. I also tried Bicubic Smoother and Nearest Neighbor but decided the Bicubic Sharper looked best (by just a tiny bit). Part of the reason it worked well with the lion is because there isn't a huge color palette.

As far as ImageReady launching from within Photoshop CS2, I don't know why you are having an issue with it. I use a Mac for graphics mostly and once I click the Edit in ImageReady, IR launches and the layered Photoshop file shows up there, ready for slicing or animation. Have you tried launching IR before you tried clicking the Edit in ImageReady button? You could do that as it is a separate application and might eliminate your waiting period. If that doesn't work there's something wrong with your installation maybe. I couldn't guess what might be the problem, assuming you are using Windows.

As far as making animations, once you try a few they become easier and easier. Actually, the one I did of your bird was the trickiest one I've done here because I had to coordinate the bird on a larger background, marquee the same size from each, align them and then use IR. At one point I was dealing with 50 some layers.

ricib's lion was quite a bit different. I had two lion heads, one with widened eyes made with a selection around each eye and then the bloat tool in Liquify, and then the closed-eyed lion. The eyes were made centered on an otherwise transparent layer. That layer was duplicated a bunch of times and the eyes were nudged into the eight positions needed to spin. A separate layer was used for the crossed eyes, and another for the tongue. So when I edited in ImageReady. I started with an animation palette with 24 frames and for each, used the visibility eyeball in the Layer's palette to make the elements I wished to have visible in each frame. Adjust the timing for the frames and there you go! 8D

hahaha, thanks Welles. i think.

I was gonna put the av up, but I can't get into my control panel, I just get a blank page.

Oh well. maybe next time.

Sheba, I'm still interested in seeing what you could comeup with.

Raven!!! That's great! I haven't had such a big laugh in days!

:} :rofl: :} :rofl: :} :rofl: :}

(the crowd positively roars!!!)

8D hehe it was fun, but I'm just figuring out this animated gif stuff and it's about driven me nuts, but I think I'm sorta getting the hang of it. 8D

Back