What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you know how to 'unsharpen' this color?

fcgfch

Hello everybody!

Do you know how to "unsharpen" and diversify the color I made with the brush tool (marked by red arrow) to make it more like in the rest of the picture? So it doesn't stand out as much. Thanks in advance for any help!

zmRuB06.png

You should be making any and all changes on a new layer.

You should also be using the Pen Tool to make the selection. It's difficult to be accurate with the Brush Tool.
Here I used the Pen Tool in Shape mode. I do this because the path and color are easily adjusted.
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 6.53.06 AM.png

Then try adjusting the layers blending mode to blend (not unsharpen) the color.
Here, "Darken" seemed to work best.
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 6.53.27 AM.png

You can then clean up the bleed by inverting the selection (shift + Cmd/Cntrl + I) and then use the Brush Tool, a soft brush, set to white to clean up.
(NOTE: With the Pen Tool selected, the path can be converted to a selection by right clicking and choosing "make selection".
You can then adjust the feather of the selection.)
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 6.53.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.04.19 AM.png

Back