What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know how I can make this collage effect?

Hello and welcome.

Just letting you know that this type of collage effect can easily be done in Ps. However....................., it would take some serious explaining that would prove difficult in written form!!!! Another important factor is how much Ps experience you have.

I enjoy a challenge so I have been working on a smart object "mock up" for this effect. I hope that when done, all a person need do is add a single photo.
It may take me awhile if I can do it at all.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 10.15.54 AM.png

I’m pretty good at Photoshop but i tought someone here would know an easy way to achieve this effect. Would you know by any chance what this effect is called?
Hello and welcome.

Just letting you know that this type of collage effect can easily be done in Ps. However....................., it would take some serious explaining that would prove difficult in written form!!!! Another important factor is how much Ps experience you have.

I enjoy a challenge so I have been working on a smart object "mock up" for this effect. I hope that when done, all a person need do is add a single photo.
It may take me awhile if I can do it at all.

View attachment 108789

i tought someone here would know an easy way to achieve this effect.
It is fairly easy. There may be an action for this effect...............I just don't know where to look!

The standard technique is to use squares with clipping masks.

It takes awhile and some math, but build your squares in all directions (this series is center upwards).
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 5.24.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 5.24.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 5.24.33 PM.png

Clip in a copy of the photo to each square and position.
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 5.25.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 5.26.05 PM.png

Would you know by any chance what this effect is called?
Collage. (Kaleidoscope maybe?)

Just keep adding rows or columns with clipped photos and positioning.
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 5.43.33 PM.png

It goes fast once you have a work flow.
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 6.04.25 PM.png

Edit:
Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 6.32.31 PM.png

I'm working on a set of editing instructions for this Mock Up.

PM me if you are interested in the PSD file and I will provide instructions and a link.

Back