What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't upgrade to CC 2019!!!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Major problems!!

Far too many to list. Take a look at Adobe Forums before considering the upgrade.

I myself tried it and ran into several bugs. The upside is that 2019 leaves 2018 in place so you can just uninstall it after you quickly determine it's a disaster.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I agree...
I did and for once Adobe PS did not remove nor overwrite the previous version which meant that I got CC 2018 v 19.1.6 + CC 2019 v 20.0.0.

CC 2018 is working fine.
CC 2019 is full of bugs and illogical changes.

The official Adobe Forums is swamped with bug reports.

I uninstalled CC 2019 and will, for the moment, continue with CC 2018.

Last edited:

SMOk3

Power User
I was reading about that yesterday. I don't know why these companies are always in such a rush to release their
product/s without fully checking them. It probably boils down to $$$.

But the good side is that you can revert without loosing your settings.brushes etc

gedstar

Guru
For anybody that is using CC2019, you can revert the back to the old transform method, just look at the "How do I turn off the new proportional scaling by default behavior while transforming layers?"
You can also revert the undo behavior check out this bit "How do I switch back to the legacy undo shortcuts?"
Both from here https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

So far most of the issues that I have found have been caused by this option been disabled by default, just enabling it resolves a lot of issues, haven't been able to find out what having it disabled does other than break Photoshop :cheesygrin:

enable legacy comp.jpg

Also having this option enabled can cause the new Content Aware Fill to crash Photoshop, so disable that as well
disable generator.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hey Ged, thanks for the heads up.
I'm still gonna play safe and wait until this new version is debugged...

revnart

Power User
I've also tested new symmetry, since I had only several minutes with new PS and it's also bugged.
Good that you can set old Ctrl+Z working as it should.. and remove new Scale with proportions without SHIFT..

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For the moment, if your experiencing issues with the CC 2019 upgrade, Please contact Adobe.