What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double forum signatures?

Aesthete18

It's for when a forum signature has two sides to it as in the main one and one that appears when you scroll over it. Anyone know the term for this? It's not animation, flash or gif.

Yes, a bit tricky. I believe you would have to have a couple codes - in other words, the full coding with images inserted in between. You would have to have the images uploaded in the image manager. That might take more code to access them. Maybe if they were separate posts . . . then you could get a url Or insert your own external url. As long as the link remains active, the rollover should work.

Now, how to do that? Uhm, hmm. I can only check Dreamweaver to get their coding.

Hoogle?!!!

Depending on what forum your doing your signature for it is an easy option if you have hosting and a forum that allows you to insert html in posts/ signatures and not just an image link.

Best way to do it is if you have your own web hosting and then use an iframe on the forum to embed a mini website which will be your signature.

so easy way to do it would be to get a free web host such as 000 webhost create a page with your image rollover effect
and then in your signature you would put <iframe src="http://www.yourwebsiteaddress.com/forumsig" width="300" height="200" />
That will then load your image which is hosted on a page called forumsig within your domain. The image will be displayed in a box 300 x 200 pixels.

Now as for how to make the rollover image most html editors will have a basic function such as dreamweaver which will allow you to do image insert rollover.

Or if your using adobe fireworks just have the image as state 1 and your 2nd image as state 2 and triggered by mouse over command.

But like I said it all depends if the forum will allow you to have html as part of your signature for this to work as many forums disable it due to the security risks involved.

Depending on what forum your doing your signature for it is an easy option if you have hosting and a forum that allows you to insert html in posts/ signatures and not just an image link.

Best way to do it is if you have your own web hosting and then use an iframe on the forum to embed a mini website which will be your signature.

so easy way to do it would be to get a free web host such as 000 webhost create a page with your image rollover effect
and then in your signature you would put <iframe src="http://www.yourwebsiteaddress.com/forumsig" width="300" height="200" />
That will then load your image which is hosted on a page called forumsig within your domain. The image will be displayed in a box 300 x 200 pixels.

Now as for how to make the rollover image most html editors will have a basic function such as dreamweaver which will allow you to do image insert rollover.

Or if your using adobe fireworks just have the image as state 1 and your 2nd image as state 2 and triggered by mouse over command.

But like I said it all depends if the forum will allow you to have html as part of your signature for this to work as many forums disable it due to the security risks involved.

It's only allowed for mods on the forum I'm talking about so I think the forum itself has a function to make it easy. I was just curious and since it involves coding which means it's the Matrix to me, I'll probably not try it. Just thought it might be done in Photoshop but thanks for the thorough explanation Hoogle.

Back