What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw a shape without a fill - only outline CS4

lou117

Hi,

I can draw a rectangle , using a rectangle tool which automatically fills with a color.
Is it possible to just have a rectangle outline in color without a fill ?

When I go to Edit menu - stroke and fill are grey out.

Thnaks.

Hello.

Is it possible to just have a rectangle outline in color without a fill ?
Yes. I would normally tell you to turn off your fill and turn on the stroke. But I don't remember the tool from that version. The most obvious solution would be to set the tool to path and then stroke the path. But I would still need to see the properties panel.......there may be another way there.

CS4 is such an old and different version that it may be hard to receive help without you posting screen shots of your options bar and properties panel when you have the Rectangle Tool selected.

After A long search I figured it out.
Draw a shape
Select that layer
On the bottom right corner there is a fx icon, click it, and
Then select stroke

That helps you to change color and thickness.

Hello.

Yes. I would normally tell you to turn off your fill and turn on the stroke. But I don't remember the tool from that version. The most obvious solution would be to set the tool to path and then stroke the path. But I would still need to see the properties panel.......there may be another way there.

CS4 is such an old and different version that it may be hard to receive help without you posting screen shots of your options bar and properties panel when you have the Rectangle Tool selected.

thanks that helps too.

That is awesome...700 pages pdf for CS4 , that should cover just about everything.
thanks

Your welcome and you might want your own copy downloaded because don't count on Adobe keeping those old archvies online forever. :)

Back