What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing tablets help please

Hekkta

I'm thinking of buying a drawing tablet and I was looking for some advice like are they worth it? and maybe pros and cons. Also any advice on which brands are good?

Well it really depends on what you are looking for.<br>If your screen you are using is like the size of a big screen tv you would want a larger tablet, to make it feel more natural.If you are using a laptop you would want a smaller tablet.<br>But, several other variations are still present.<br>Such as, your budget and what you intend to do with it.<br>If you have a low budget and you are just "exploring" digital graphics, or goofing around.<br>I would suggest a generic brand tablet, because you are in need of tons of&nbsp;experience.<br>You will likely get it over the time of using it ,and then you would want to upgrade.<br>But, if you are going to get down and&nbsp;serious&nbsp;and do this like every day or close to it I would suggest a more expensive tablet.<br>If you are looking for the ability to get cozy with it I suggest a wireless tablet.<br><br>Pros and Cons.<br><br>Generic&nbsp;tablets: <br>Cons:<br>less Pressure&nbsp;accurate, however they can be calibrated.<br>Less motion following&nbsp;ability, I have noticed this.<br>Pros:<br>Less expensive.<br><br>Name brand:<br>Basically the same thing in reverse. Also, you got a cool logo on the tablet and sleeker design.<br><br>Note: There are several "packages" for several different intentions.<br>I suggest you pick what type of thing you want to do with the tablet before purchasing the tablet.<br><br>However, I cannot tell you if it was worth it or not because it depends on your intentions.

Spend as much as you can afford, i use the Bamboo by Wacom - does what i need and only cost $90 or so.

Back