What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreamweaver and web design

V

VARUM

i have already read the dummies
any suggestions for further read?
please help me
i am looking for a full time employment in the sector and want to be left behind!

vagabond

You should get "Classroom in a Book" either CS2 or CS3. It includes CD with lesson files so that you can do hand-on practice.

Try Half.com for lowest price book.

Best wishes,

Vagabond

a_kanna230

Web Design

Web page design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modeling, and execution of electronic media content delivery via

Internet in the form of technologies (such as markup languages) suitable for interpretation and display by a web browser or other

web-based graphical user interfaces (GUIs).

best webhosting companies web hosting

danica

Web site design crosses multiple disciplines of information systems, information technology and communication design. The web site is an information system whose components are sometimes classified as front-end and back-end.

seitensprung test iced tea

7Hunters

I taught Dreamweaver for five years - and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I had students coming in thinking they would gain a great job just as soon as they learned this software. That is simply not the case.

I'll just leave out all the hard bumps there are to getting a job in web design. Many developers/designers take on any job no matter how small or large or pay scale to gain experience. (And when you do make it big - you get to compete against people willing to work for little or no money because they're trying to get to where you're at!)

I would suggest you study up for the Adobe Dreamweaver certification exam. Getting certified and practicing for this exam will make sure you know the software inside and out. Additionally you should build everything you can, volunteer to build friends web sites etc. Having the certification and experience will give you leverage in the job market.

If you need free hosting 000webhost.com is good to start out with to build practice web sites.

Finally learning Dreamweaver isn't learning web design - remember it is at its heart an HTML editor. There are two parts to web design, - design (i.e. Photoshop usually) and development (Dreamweaver and/or Visual Studio). Keep in mind you're being a coder and a designer.

I lay out everything in Photoshop first - build the site design around the navigation then code it in Dreameaver. As you gain experience you'll develop your own technique.

Good luck!

7Hunters

Side not, "The web site is an information system whose components are sometimes classified as front-end and back-end."

A front end system is what you can see and is usually carried out by a designer. These will be large projects or company projects as many webmasters wear all the hats in a project. The back-end system is the database. Usually if people are looking for a back-end developer they want you to know SQL. Knowing how to write Queries is extremely important. They're intimidating sounding but not too hard. It's basically "go get information!" just the same as linking to a jpeg or a file.

In large projects it gets broken down in various ways - but here is a typical plan

- Designer - creates the graphics (sometimes works with photographer)
- Developer - coder, can also be the back-end database spe******t
-Marketing director - usually for the company you're working for provides approvals, signs off on work, writes the text for the page etc.

Hi
i like to learn dream weaver tool.can i have audio & video as well as pdf format material.so can anyone tell me where can i get it without cost?????...