What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DVD Menu

ooptea

So i am reading on the adobe that encore and CS go hand in hand so i thought i would try making my own menus, but i cant get the buttons to work the way i want them. in the attachment you see the "play movie" that is srt8 forward but the "scence select" i want to open a new window with the scences on it and a back button and the same for the "Extra" button. i have tried the tut on the adobe site but it is very limited and because i am new to the CS world adding (+1) or (+%) to tiles is odd and it doesnt work so i know i am doing something wrong.
So rant over but could someone try and post a DVD menu tut or a link to a good tut. Google didnt help me out much because everything just links to the adobe tut. :{ [doh] Help a brother out here. Thanks in advance guys

Hi there,

The text looks too plain. Maybe draw some spider webs between the letterings? :)

Nice pic of Spiderman you have there~

Not familiar with Encore ooptea.
Is there nothing in the program's HELP! files that can explain that function better?

its not encore i want its photoshop you have to programt he buttons in photoshop to work right in encore. if you check out the adobe tut it kinda explains how but some of it is over my head.

on a side note the pic i posted was just an example spider man wasnt that good and surley not good enough to cause me this much trouble.

I'm not familiar with Encore but you should be able to create custom menu buttons. You could either use an image with no text as the menu background and make text buttons with CS on a transparent background to overlay over the menu background. The buttons would read "Play Movie", "Scene Selection", etc. Or, you could add the text directly to the background image and use any of the buttons within Encore (or, with CS, create your own custom buttons like the star I used in one of mine) to link to the action desired.

menu.gif

This one has the text directly on the background with a custom button for linking. I'm afraid I can't explain how to link each button to the action you want as every authoring program works a bit differently.

(Sorry I didn't reply to your last mesage sooner)

its ok doc. maybe i am going about this the wrong way. maybe if i just create teh art in PS i will be able to make it functional in encore.

on a side note i cant believe you guys do use encore. it is a wonderful authoring program simple for new users and crazy advanced features for the pro's. Well anyway if anyone happens along more info let me know.

forgot to tell you but that site is awesome everything i needed was there. the guys tuts are a little funny to watch but full of info. thanks again

I just clicked on the link to the 'tut' website and the site still works fine. Glad they were of help to you.

I'd guess that they go down often as his site only allows a gig per day. Great Site DOC, Thanks. :}

guess you are right i just expected to get a page exceeded limit error not a diff page altogether :perfect:

Back