What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

easy task?

Sura

you might laugh hard because this should be the easiest task, believe it or not i tried to make ther necklace look realistic for two hours and didnt succeed, i used everything hue sturation curves nothing worked, still looks photoshoped

could you help do it an explain how to do it so i can improve and grow,

necklaceforum1.png

i need to be more davanced in my ability to match colors of different layers, the funny thing is that i was able to do more complex things, but i cant work with this necklace to make it realistic!

If you have video tutorial tecnique to suggest thank you

this is the work in progress file where you can see what i did till now thank you!

https://uploadfiles.io/ly973

The photo has a soft focus that the necklace needs to match. If you have the necklace on an isolated layer, play around with Filter -> Gaussian Blur on that layer.

Also I think the pendant can be angled slightly, so it looks like it's resting on the chest and not hanging straight down.

I don't have time today to have a go, but I'm sure someone will be along to help you.

The link doesn't work for me.

This is what I get and I can't click on anything
Maybe you could upload your PSD file straight into the thread.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
The photo has a soft focus that the necklace needs to match. If you have the necklace on an isolated layer, play around with Filter -> Gaussian Blur on that layer.

Also I think the pendant can be angled slightly, so it looks like it's resting on the chest and not hanging straight down.

I don't have time today to have a go, but I'm sure someone will be along to help you.
thank you i didnt think about filters

i tried to angle the neckless using the free transformation tool, but i only was able to move on a bidimensional plane

i thin it better than what i did, maybe still not very realistic but way better than what i was able to do! What did you use?

i used filter - gausian blur and worked with that, also went on blending option and added external shadow

gaisuan blur.jpg

Attachments

• guasian blur.psd
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Sorry @Eggy you're right :)

Here goes the steps:

1. I converted necklace into smart Object to apply blur non destructively.
2. Used Gaussian blur just a little to match blur of image ( more or less)
3. Added curves layer and clipped it to necklace layer ( Alt+G or Alt+Click between layers)
4. Modified curves as follows:
a.) Modified main RGB curve to lighten darkest parts of necklace to match it with hair shadows
b.) Modified B curve to increase blues in shadows to match it with shadows color

curves.jpg

5. Added a little drop shadow with blending options of a necklace layer

It can be done much better, but this is just an idea :) hope it helps

@revnart

thank you very much

the original necklace is grey not black, i turned it into black using curves because grey didnt look visible enough

since you have giving me a lot of steps to do i started working all over again with the original grey necklace trying to apply your advice and also added drop shadows this is the results:

mirunecklace1.jpg

comparing this with my first try i think i did a much better job,
i doubt its 100% realistic but i've made some progress at least

i'll put the work on progress file so if someone wants to look at what i've did and give me some advice on what its holding me on make it 100% realistic you can download the file and look at all the layers

thank you very much

Attachments

• mirunecklace.psd
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Post your progress :) Maybe you could clip new layer with necklace layer, and use dark brush to add shadow on necklace casted by hair?

i wasent able to make the first image more realistic so i tried another one with higher resolution

what do you think?

This is the file so you can see what i did

workinprogressnuovocollana.jpg

Attachments

• workinprogressnuovocollana.psd
    7.3 MB · Views: 1

Back