What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit video frame by frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozcaro

Hi

I'm looking for someone who can help me with a problem I have with my bands first music video. During the close-ups on me (the lead singer) the sunglasses looks very funny. Totally it is about 15 seconds of close-ups that needs to be edited. That will make it about 360 still images that need to be fixed. What needs to be fixed is the glasses and the frame that goes behind the ear.

I dont know how time consuming the editing is. I nede to check the formats with the filmer. But it is high-resolution. I asked on another forum and got this reply.

Essentially you will need to repeat what you have done. Within the editing application, you should be able to export the offending part of the video as a series of still images. This will create a series of numbered frames at the exact dimensions of your video. Next edit each in photoshop. Once you're happy, import the images as a series of still frames (you editor will see the numbered sequence and treat each images as a frame). Finally replace your part of the video with the edited sequence and export the timeline.

That is how it's Done i think. Or do you guys have any other suggestions?
Could you say approximately the price, so i know if it's Worth to keep looking for help?
See the example to get a better view of the issue. The problem is to make it look smoth so that the glasses don't change from frame to frame...

Cheers
Oskar

Attachments

• beforeafter2.jpg
    beforeafter2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3
First of all. This came as a suprise for us. And therefore we haven't got any specific budget for it. We will have to try to get the money that takes. Second...We don't really know how much time that needs to be spent.
So I don't really know what to say about the budget. Can you say approximately what it can cost. I mean very approximatley.

I saw the video, as you know ozcaro, what you're asking is fairly simple but tedious and repetitive some people may do that in an hours time some may do it in four hours. It's almost a guessing game there's so many layers to be manipulated figure out what you want to pay, you're in a forum where 50 dollars goes along way or 50$ gets sneeze at. I think to be fair you're looking at hundreds but one man's hourly wage might be 3dollars here another 300.00. You get what you pay for so be wise in your selection if you get people interested. Just saying

Last edited:
With 360+ images to edit I'd consider re-shooting the video, even just the objectionable part, or edit out the closeups. Even if it took only 2 minutes each (and that is a very conservative estimate), you're talking about 12 hours just for editing time. That doesn't include communications, uploading, downloading, etc.

A Re-shot is out of the question. We spent a lot of time and money on this. rented a lot of equipment such as lights and skylift and also the filmer has spent a lot of time editing it and that is not for free. So this is the worst 15 seconds of my life now, giving me a huge headache.

I will offer 300$ for this task. What needs to be fixed is glasses on me. see attached image (before and after)
We will export the offending scenes as still images in different folders. For example scene 1 is 2 seconds long. That folder will be named scene 1 and contain 48 still images that can be imported into photoshop and then edited. The still images should then (when fixed) be exported with the same name and number into a new folder e.g. FIXED.
The filmer will then be able to import the still images at the same place where he exported them, only this time the sunglasses hopefully will be where they should be.
This is a link to the first scene (still images) https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjhggeej7jwnffw/001.zip
The Import / export or mode in photoshop should be 601 SD or 709 HD (if the options are available seperatly use 709 HD). Do not import as as RGB! The color space that I have used in AVID(video program) is called YCbCr 709
Besides the moneyl I can offer you a name in our booklet for the album and your name before the video plays in the video and a link to your work.
To see the video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pozb1tzxhy6v9q/halo.mp4
Here are the sections that needs to be fixed: 00:9 - 00:11 , 00:17 - 00:19 , 00:21 - 00:23, 00:36 - 00:37, 00:46 - 00:47, 01:14 - 01:17, 01:26 - 01:28, 01:35 - 01:36, 02:41 - 02:42, 02:59 - 03:00,
Please someone?!!!

I'm sorry....I have already hired another one for the job.
I haven't been able to look at forum until now. Hope you haven't started with the project
In that case I'm truly sorry.
cheers everybody.
Oskar

I had a project of 4 photos for $200 which came in today so obviously I put that in front of you... so no harm done. Good luck with the video.

Someone from here? I'd love to see the results when done, good luck!

I'm sorry....I have already hired another one for the job.
I haven't been able to look at forum until now. Hope you haven't started with the project
In that case I'm truly sorry.
cheers everybody.
Oskar

Thread closed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back