What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing PSD logos from the net

Jetheat

I've downloaded a few PSD logos in an effort to use one of then after editing the name, but every single one I have downloaded doesn't have a layer onw hcih I can edit the text so I can change it to my name.

Is there some simple thing I am missing?

Surely the whole point of downloading a PSD logo file is to edit and use for yourself.

Any ideas?

JH

Jetheat

I have attached the PSD here.

JH

Attachments

• Logo_Design_Templates_Pack_1.psd
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

JJLAPIN

Guru
I take it where it says Place for Slogan is where you want your info. Simply marquee that and delete. Create a new text layer and put in what you want. The type in your file cannot be selected and edited.

Jetheat

Yes, that's what I found with almost all downloadable logos. Cant select the text and type over it.
If I have to delete the text and rewrite it, why would I need the file?

JH

fredfish

Guru
I do get what you are saying - to a degree.

It would be great if the text on these logos was editable - but they are mostly fonts that dont ship with Photoshop so the .psd file would have to ship with the font files as well (and I suspect some of them are paid fonts).

In the example you provided the "graphic" part of the logo is not covered by the text so I suspect is the intention is for you to delete the text and then use your own fonts to put your own text in. The text that is in the images is what is called "Place Holder Text" - IE it shows you where the text goes.

If you want to use the same or very similar fonts you can use a service such as What The Font to find replacement fonts.

Cheers

John

Jetheat

Yes, I just wanted to use the same text style and colours but just type my name over it so everything remains the same.
I'm not very creative, so making a nice font with the right colours is harder than just selecting one from the net.

JH