What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing Text

AlwaysLearning

So I'm trying to edit text and I'm having trouble getting it where I want it. I've included a sketch of what I'm trying to do. I'm using a block font and I'm wanting it to "peak" as the word itself implies. I've tried the things I know which are Free Transform and Transform but I can't get it to work. I don't want this done for me, I'd rather have advice on how to complete it. Thanks.Scan0017.jpg

This is not perfect. It's hard to find a really good way to transform letters in this manner. Drawing them with a pen tool would probably get you the results you want, but it would be a bit time consuming to set up the proper guides. But that could be worth it depending on what you need it for.

What I did was duplicate the type layer and rasterize. Using the warp tool, I was able to get the letters "peaked" to some degree. I didn't spend a lot of time, so the P gets cut off. Anyway, it got cut off as I used the pen tool to crop the other letters to the straight edged shape.

I cropped the top of the letters, then surrounded the rest of the word with the pen tool, then masked the letters. From there, I used the pen tool to slice here and there and remove some sections that needed refining by filling the selection with black within the mask.

Kind of a sloppy job on some of my edge straightening there, but you get the idea . . .

So, for what it's worth:

peak.jpg

Hey thanks for the input. I will continue to work on it and now with the pen tool to see if I can get it where I want. If not, it's no big deal, I was just doing it to learn really. Thanks again!

Back