What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing vintage or not so vintage scanned photos in PS (1)

avz10

This is my great grandmother at 80 (Scanned images): [FONT=&amp] 201.jpg[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]2012-03-17232936.jpg[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]2012-03-17234842.jpg[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]2012-03-17235805.jpg[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]2012-03-18000737.jpg [/FONT]

Anyone that wants to help me or give me a link to a good tutorial?

Last edited:
Oldies but goodies

Yes, these ones do have a charm of their own.

Can you suggest any better settings?

I want to print and display these photos. I just attached a few of the photos that I want to use in the second post.

I thought of framing them, with a central bigger one- I actually like the last one in the second post (Table Mountain with my grandfather) as the centre one- perhaps 30-40 cm wide, and then some smaller ones around that one. Black frames are quite fashionable in South Africa now.

For the photos that I currently take, I take them in RAW and am quite familiar with editing in PS RAW as well as PS itself. These ones are a bit more difficult, as I want to keep the vintage look, but "retouch" some of them somewhat. Perhaps sharpen, look at contrast, etc. Some has noise, etc

My grandmother with my mother

1021.jpg

My mother on her wedding day

2101.jpg

Yes, I like it. I am not sure if one needs to bring in some sepia??

What editing tools did you use and if you used PS, what were your settings, as the original scanned ones are app 10 MB big. I therefore will not be able to use your image.

Thanks a lot for helping!

i edited some of my father's and grandfather's photo collection. i didnt wanted to convert them to color just adjust the colors that are already ther for that i used the curves adjustment. for some photos i used the auto calibration and for some i calibrated them my self to my liking.

Back