What's new

Emboss an image onto a background convincingly

Adamhumbug

What i am wanting to do is make the logo on the leather background embossed. I would also like to give it a more leathery look. i have uploaded the background and an example of what i would like it to look something like.

Any help would be great.

Many Thanks

Adam

Attachments

Hoogle

Guru
you will need a leather texture image and then copy a selection of the logo on a layer above the leather texture then go to bevel and emboss play with the settings in my example I added a slight stroke to give it some depth. I also changed the colours by putting another copy of the leather texture above the logo and creating a clipping mask darkening it slightly and lowering the opacity so you still get a hint of the texture on the logo.
Creed.png

However that is just a technique not a final image you will need to spend a bit more time and tidy it up if you wanted a high resolution version

Hoogle

Guru
I would upload a psd where all the colouring is adjustable with a few slider bars if you just wanted to work of that maybe to lighten the logo a bit more I just prefereed the darker version and was expecting to upload a psd but it is 80Mb in size so not worth it