What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embroidery

Josh Stemple

I am looking into the whole embroidery thing and I am told there is a program that digitizes a file for embroidery. Anyone know what program that is?

Sent from my Fortress of Solitude.

Josh Stemple

Thats the thing. I dont want a machine. I need to get things embroidered and dont wanna pay $50 for someone to do it for me.

Sent from my Fortress of Solitude.

Rob_IMX

I've designed a lot of patches and logos for embroidery.. The embroidery guys simply required a vector file from me. So I designed in Illustrator OR I designed in Photoshop, then brought into Illustrator and vectorized using the Trace Tool

This should work for you

SCTRWD

Power User
Photoshop and Excel.

In Photoshop turn the image to Indexed Color mode, load the Color table with the threads colors, change the Color Table to Grayscale and save image in RAW file format.

In Excel write simple macro that opens this file, and in cycle reads a byte and put it's value in the cell(in hex format, for example), so on for all pixels in the image. Print the scheme.

I once used this technique long time ago, even before the special programs.

Hope I understood your need right:cheesygrin: