What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error Messege Opening JPG file in Photoshop

Charles

Hi
Am new here and hereby wish to be a fellow "neighbour" now and beyond. I'm still on PS CS 5.1 and i have imported images from a friend's phone for editing for a 25 year 1ST HIGH SCHOOL RE UNION due for presentation in 2 weeks. I have x 80 images for a slide show.
Challenge 1: error msg reads upon opening in PS * Could not complete your request because a SOFn, DQT, or DHT JPEG marker is missing before a JPEG SOS marker.*
Challenge 2. Only copy available is on my pc, no other copy available. Help!
Fatso!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
If you're on Windows:

Right-click on the image that is showing the error and choose Open with Microsoft Paint. (App available on Windows)

Without doing anything else save the same image file as JPEG with a different name to avoid overwriting the original.

Now you should be able to open that specific image in Photoshop.

I wasn't able to find a solution for Mac but if you're using Mac I assume it has a native image application similar to Paint.

jkemp

I wasn't able to find a solution for Mac but if you're using Mac I assume it has a native image application similar to Paint.

I've done something similar in the past with the "Preview" app on macOS.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Another option in Windows would be to check the extention(s) allocated to that file.
Sometimes for unknown reasons a file can have two extentions, like 'file.png.jpg'
Go to explorer and right click on the file and check the extention.
If the file has two extentions, remove the last one as in 'file.png'

01.jpg

Charles

If you're on Windows:

Right-click on the image that is showing the error and choose Open with Microsoft Paint. (App available on Windows)

Without doing anything else save the same image file as JPEG with a different name to avoid overwriting the original.

Now you should be able to open that specific image in Photoshop.

Hi, Wow! It works and I'm really grateful. apologies to come back to you late, I thank you a lot.