What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhibition in New York City

Erik

Guru
To those interested and living in the neighbourhood of NYCity:

Two of my top-works can be seen in a show in the InterArt Gallery NY

InterArt Gallery NY

225 Tenth Ave., Chelsea, New York, NY 10011

Phone: (212) 647-1811
Fax: (212) 647-0445

info@interartny.com

Gallery hours: Tues.-Sat.11:00am-7:OOpm ? Sun. by appointment

Exhibition: November 11 -December 6, 2003
Opening Reception: Thursday, November 13, 6:00 - 9:00pm

"The gallery located at 10th Avenue /between 23rd and 24th Streets/ in the heart of Chelsea, the world's largest gallery neighborhood.
An addition to New York City's numerous galleries, InterArt is different in that it offers an intimate setting of a living room framed by a fireplace, softening the high tech world of surrounding galleries with the dark warmth of intimacy and contemplation. It is an almost surreal concept for the hyper reality of the 21st century.
InterArt has worked with top European surrealist artists for the last five years. The painters are chosen based on their dedicated surrealist vision and high level of skills."

These are the works exhibited:

Both of them really show how talented you are Erik!!

Beautiful work and it's sad that I can't see them in a larger format, I know NY, but the distance... it would take me almost half a day to get there!

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the exhibition!

I'm working on (yet another!!!) new, and final (?:rofl:) version of my site, and there will be many larger images on it , most specialy the oes of a larger size (these are, in inches, some 28x20, which is very big for me).

Thanks.

Beautiful! I wish I were in NY again to be able to see these! So much to take in and explore in your stories and dreams. B7
---Maya

Erik Congratulate! Your work is fantastic! Love them both.

Congradulations Erik! I'll make a visit :perfect:
It's funny, MOMA is one block away from where I work and I never entered it, but I'll check this one out, the setting sounds interesting.

[stuned] These are absolutely stunning works, Erik! :} :} :}

Oh, how I would love to be able to view them in all their splendour! %} %} %}

Lucky you, nitro! ;)

Erik those artworks are really beautiful wow !! :} :} :}

New York is too far away :( :(

Nikkie

Erik, damned impressive work. :perfect:

Good luck with the exhibition.

Al.

Wow, Erik, those are beautiful, and just a taste of what is shown. Wish I were in NY!

And congratulations! Your art certainly deserves to be exhibited. Can't wait to see your new site!

Wow Erik, these are fantastic, i hope your showing goes well. Any chance of sharing what medium you use?

wow Erik they look great - sure would like to have seen them live :D
sfm

Erik, I have to add my Wow to everyone else's wow! Wonderful work. I love the use of rich colors.

Joy

Saw show.

Erik ,
Erik,
Went in Sat to see shows in Chelsea and missed your show - walked right by it. Went in Wed to re-see sone shows {Nancy Spero - Howard Hodgkin - Chelse is mobbed on Sat}. On Wed found it - right on the street there. I am happy to say I like your ptgs. Nice overall effect with limited color scheme holding it together. Very confident and not too fussed over working of paint over the whole of the composition. I also like the surface -what you do with the oil and egg temper very pleasing. If I don't respond to the tactile surface of a painting I don't like the painting no matter how skillfully painted. One thing that bothered me was the sort of claustropbic down deep belly of the whale feeling about them. But that's just a personal pref. They must take a long time to paint? You might try getting your prices up alittle higher if you can. I mean these paintings must take a long time to complete. In Chelsea I see so many scribbled off things selling for as much or more.
What do you think of John Currins work. I can't stand it. He actually said that Richter is the one to beat. I know he's trying to be as bad as he can be or as corny as he can be and get away with it- But why does the NY. art world subject us to this crap. He's having a mid career retrospective at the Whitney now! Pure Sh*t on a shingle. He doesn't come up to Geirard (s.p.) Richters shoelaces. don't know why I went off on that......
Have you thought of doing digital prints. Surely you must be into that.
Well, I gotta go Ferlin :perfect: :perfect:

Who the hell is Currins?

Must say that I am miles apart from the so-called Art-World and in-crowd. Couldn't care less about them in fact...much ado 'bout nothing, as Shakespeare wrote.
My sole ambition is create my own world, render what presents itself to my senses and feel the life-energy flow through my bodies.

Well, Ferlin, I must say your comment is a very, very good one. Yes, quite filled heh? :D One of my names (I've always given myself names that correspond with periods in my life, just moving away from one into another) was Casimir Claustrophobia...
But there is no such thing as empty space or rest: everything is always and everywhere buzzing with energy, and constantly forms are created and destroyed...

thanks, all of you!
:perfect:

Who the hell is Currins?

Must say that I am miles apart from the so-called Art-World and in-crowd. Couldn't care less about them in fact...much ado 'bout nothing, as Shakespeare wrote.
My sole ambition is create my own world, render what presents itself to my senses and feel the life-energy flow through my bodies.

Well, Ferlin, I must say your comment is a very, very good one. Yes, quite filled heh? :D One of my names (I've always given myself names that correspond with periods in my life, just moving away from one into another) was Casimir Claustrophobia...
But there is no such thing as empty space or rest: everything is always and everywhere buzzing with energy, and constantly forms are created and destroyed...

thanks, all of you!
:perfect:

Erik.
Please don't think that what I said about claustraphobia is some sort of value judgement. The tight space of Bosch of Max Beckman also "bothers me".
Also I am interested if you make digital prints. Ever use an iris printer?

Best to stay away from Art world. Fashion Fashion Fashion Fashion...

Ferlin [oops] [oops] ;)

I didn't interpret it like that...sorry if I sounded like as if I did...

I love Bosch, Ernst and company...
Also Monter Nature who also leaves no square inch empty in the whole Cosmos...

Like Oscar Wilde wrote(my version...I cannot know all by heart...): "Fashion is so ugly that it needs to be changed every six months."

The works come from the great show in the WAH centre, NY where this gallery owner spotted them and asked to exhibit them. Indeed, each of these works represents months and months of work, and never nine to five, but often 12/7 for weeks when the final layers are being painted...

Erik,
That's a great quote. Got to write it down.
Don't cut yourself totally from the art world . There are some artists who are creating amazing worlds with old fashioned paint and canvas.
But you must know that. ;) Ferlin

Back