What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific extend background

ifloddd

Hi,

This is probably a very difficult request, but could you try to extend the width to twice the height?
As in, the height of this photo is 4032, so to have it in the scale I want the width should be 8064.
Is this even possible? Attached is the beginning photo and the best way I was able to do it, but I'm really bad at Photoshop.

Thanks for any edits!

20200906_220500.jpg

versie 2.PNG

Dennis1507

Short of placing the subject in a different tree I would also find it difficult to extend that much edge and make it look natural. I took your attempt and did a little cleanup and added a Vignette to help hide the detail. I show this as another possibility you might like. I don’t think I could expend the background any better than you did.

versie 2.png

JeffK

Guru
Been going back and forth with this a while. One note - the height of the sample image was 3500 pixels so I created a canvas width of 7000 pixels.
Used some content aware fill, cloning, duplicating layers, and moving bits and parts around.
Here's where I am so far.....had to downsize slightly here to post but original edit in link:

girl in tree edited downsized.jpg

Original edit:

- Jeff

JeffK

Guru
There are admittdly cloning errors in there. If this is the way to go, I can make changes...
- Jeff

ex_teacher

Guru
OK…so I got this brilliant idea.

I’d have to do some original fabrication like Argos but save a lot of time and effort by cropping some of the top and bottom like Dennis1507 and maybe a bit of vignetting too. That would leave some unused pristine areas to clone from, unlike JeffK and I'd have much less area to manufacture than Argos.

So much for robbing your ideas. My genius scheme took a stupid amount of time and effort... but I did end up with a composition I like.

2x1_5b_Sn3.jpg

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Excellent work exteacher! I also love the idea of removing the log, so it looks like she's on a branch of a really big tree. Love that you pick a little bit of everyone's work, that's why the forum is for...

The result is awesome, good work!

Cheers!

Ray Guselli

OK…so I got this brilliant idea.

I’d have to do some original fabrication like Argos but save a lot of time and effort by cropping some of the top and bottom like Dennis1507 and maybe a bit of vignetting too. That would leave some unused pristine areas to clone from, unlike JeffK and I'd have much less area to manufacture than Argos.

So much for robbing your ideas. My genius scheme took a stupid amount of time and effort... but I did end up with a composition I like.

View attachment 124338
Brilliant....absolutely the way to go and so well done, as always.
Best wishes Ray