What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Extend existing photo

commodore_901

Hey guys,
I edited a picture of my droneshots in Lightroom, exported it to PS to do some further stuff and went back to LR. But now, somehow the 1st edit-file is gone. Meaning i just have the edits AFTER PS.
I wanna rescale the photo for my new homepage.

Is it somehow possible to extend the "panocrop.jpg", that it is as big as the "pano.jpg" - with keeping the style of the picture (edited colors, enhanced shiny trees etc).
Tried to re-edit the picture, but couldnt do that.... :(
Panocrop.jpgPano.jpg

That would really be helpful!
Best regards

Last edited:
Hi @commodore_901
That was an interesting challenge since the wider panorama was cropped more vertically than you portrait image.
A lot of filling in the blanks.
I tried to duplicate the feel you had on the image per your request. I probably would have done it differently yet as I undersetand it your are trying to recover lost information so this might be a good starting point for you.
Note that the largest width image is 5000 pixels on this site. If you need a slightly larger version a link could be provided.
Hope this helps some
John Wheeler

Fill-in-the-blanks-panorama.jpg

@thebestcpu
dude, I expected something, but I didnt expect this, holy moly. This is insane.o_O:inlove:
I'd be interested in your version - I'm barely new to photoediting and tried my best here. My intention was to create a "moody" picture - but dont know whether it could have been done better :D 5000px should be 'nuf :)

You're more than welcome @commodore_901

First let me say the pictures you took were very amazing and the scenery very majestic.

I should clarify my statement about me doing the image differently. There is no right or wrong with pictures. A good picture is when it is good for you (not good for me). If for personal use its what brings yourself a smile, good feeling, or good memory when you look at the image from the experience you had in person (which is never fully captured in an image no matter the post processing). If the image is for a customer then its what the customer likes best. If for viewing my others on the computer who knows what would be best.

I am no expert of what is a good image with or without good processing yet try and have a composition, toning, etc that emphasizes some aspect of the image. Once the composition and focus are done, removing or minimizing the distractors is a possible good step too.

There is always the risk of an image being scene as overprocessed as well.

In your image there is no lack of areas that could be the central point of focus.

So first and foremost, if it it looks good to you, then you are done.

With that in mind, I too the image I sent to you and made a few adjustments in Photoshop, mostly in Adobe Camera Raw Filter. My goal was to emphasize the shaft of light down the valley, highlighting the aspens(?) at the bottom as well as the oragne and red colors flowing down into the valleys. I diminished the exposure on the beautiful mountains to draw more attention to the beam of light and the valley. I also change the sky to be more blue. Blue sky being so nommal that it draws less attention in some cases.

Note you could always post image in the free forum and ask forum members to provide examples of their own interpretation to get a range of ideas (mine is only one of many possible).

That all said here is my adjustments done quite quickly as an example, not meant to be a final version.
John Wheeler

Johns-try.jpg

those reds in the trees looking good! :)
Ye that what u saying is completely true - there is no right or wrong, there is just a different taste of editing. Well said. And you cant capture a moment u experience in "reallife" on a small sensor. This scenery was really majestic to be honest. Thanks for your help! :)

Is there a chance of the "re-assembled" picture u edited first to let the red/wine-red/violet trees look a lil bit more realistic on the right hand side. They are very dark and violet :D @thebestcpu

Back