What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extending an area of the background

Aragorn1976

Hi, I would like to extend the left edge of this picture by increasing the length of the brown wall and mimicking the pattern of the bricks. Could anyone please tell me how I could manage to do it? Thanks a lot!

Yvonne Craig.jpg

I have deviated slightly from your requirement. Hopefully there is still something that you might gather from my work below.

I started with extending the left side until 1284 Px using Crop tool.

Then, I used clone stamp tool to cover the extension fully using the wall on the right.

Since the right side wall has lesser indentations than the one on the left, I had to cover the left side wall with similar pattern using clone stamp tool.

Then I added a Colour Fill tool clipped to the clone stamp layer and selected the colour by picking it from the left side wall. I had to make changes like Overlay Blending Mode, Levels, Hue/Saturation.

Here is my result:
1842-After-Yvonne Craig.jpg
This is my layer stack:
7.png

What I did quickly
- stretched the left border
- add a black background layer
- cut out the rock parts one by one
- invert them and move them next to each one
- create a group with these new layers
- duplicate and rearrange it differently next to the first
- duplicate again and rearrange it at the bottom
- create a layer that merges the whole set then with the duplicator tool correct the places that are too similar

good luck

2023-03-18_21-54-15.gif

cw12.png

Had to do it for myself and played with it for a while. Basically took a few bricks, grouped them, then duplicated the group. Moved each group into position to fill out the wall. A little bit of warping and cloning - really not that much different than what was done above. It is time consuming because of the way the image is cropped and the angle of the wall. But interesting to dig into the image and try a few things. Perfection wasn't my goal as you can see - just the curiosity of what can be moved and where....

batgirl wall.jpg

Last edited:

Back