What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extensions (legacy) menu grayed out in Photoshop

Mmphoto

Hey guys, I'm new here. I just got a new extension and I am unable to access it as the extensions are grayed out. I looked up some fixes but nothing is getting it to work. Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there a fix or work around to allow me to use my extensions?

Thanks Matt

1645198029045.png

JeffK

Guru
Have you tried Edit>Preferences>Plugins>Legacy Extensions>Load Extension Panels

1645203282397.png

JeffK

Guru
I've tried to dig in deeper but the only solution I could come up is to run the program under Rosetta. But that's Mac only with M1 processors and you're on a Windows machine like me. Also seems to be a a predominant issue when you update to 22.3 onward.

I can't find a solution and I'm reading that these extensions may be gone. I'll keep digging or possibly someone else can come up with a solution.

Mmphoto

I had a 2-hour support call with adobe well two calls; the first guy didn't know what was going on and just cancelled the call without saying anything. The extension seemed to be grayed out because the extension I was running wasn't set upright. I also didn't have any other extensions to make the option not gray. When I unzipped the files, they didn't come all in 1 folder; I needed to name and place them in one folder to make it work.

nurgle

having the same problem. on an iMac M1... so interested in hearing any solutions also.
regards
Sandy

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 20.27.16pm.jpg