What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eyeball-Design

stOrM!

While I am new here, first let me say hello to all of you...

My first question is based on the Eyeball-Design Site...
http://www.eyeball-design.com/fxzone/index01.htm

Just to mention I am also new to Photoshop...

When you look at his great Interface I really wonder so ofthen, how he created, the sometimes dark sometimes bright absolutly great looking grey in the interface parts? Not talking about the shapes just the filling of it...

kindest regards
s!

stOrM!

yep...

I know this site really good and love his Interface!

The problem which I had with it isn't how to make the border around a shape my problem is I try'd to archive the same color sheme but I don't know what he used is it mid grey or what ever do you know?

kindest regards
s!

wbiss

Guru
If I'm understanding you right, stOrM!, I would suggest that you make a screen capture and 'sample' the greys that are used. Then make a custom gradient for your 'fill'. ;)

Because you are new to PS and may not be familar with making custom gradients, I'm providing you with this link to a tutorial http://photoshoptoday.com/Tutorials2003/April/PSCustGrads/default.asp

I hope that this helps! :)

theKeeper

Guru
Oh ok... well then i'd do either of 2 things:

1) Follow Wendy's advice.
2) Start out using a 50% grey, they apply a LEVELS Adjustment layer above the iFace parts and reduce the brightness until the shades suite your fancy. Use the middle slider (grey point) to do this.

stOrM!

I see then it will be something similiar on how to make it like for my question on the softwarebox I need to make a custom gradient too...

let's see and wait I'll post my result here to let you see how it looks like...

kindest regards
s!

stOrM!

Ok afther hours of playing I must say building an interface is really hard work, if you're a beginner!

But I had to do only the little bevel around it seems to work now... :D

For the Interface, maybe someday I guess I make one, so for this time it helped me while, I was playing around and learning, how to build different things like cables, inset lines, connectors ...

if someone had another suggestion, what would look nice as for the border around that interface, I would be glad to if you tell...

kindest regards
s!

BTW.
and many thanx for helping me on that...

wbiss

Guru
:perfect: That looks awesome stOrM!

I think that you've figured out what you've gotta do! ;)

theKeeper

Guru
Ya well done Storm, you're gettin' there. :perfect:

Don't be afraid to "grunge" up your stuff though. Adds character.
Doesn't HAVE to be to the extreme... a little goes a long way. ;)

Wanted to mention too that when doing those scratches, dings, & dents... don't make the lines completely dark. It hides the 'depth' effect needed.

Try those this way:

On a new layer above the body parts, paint with a 1 pixel brush the scratches you want.
Apply the Stroke filter (FILTER>Stylize>Emboss) at 1 and 500%. Lighting at whatever direction matches your iFace's current lighting setup.

Set the layer to either Overlay or Softlight. Overlay is bold, Softlight is subtle.

You'll find that this method produces the best looking and most consistent looking effect.

For dents and stuff, just use a larger brush size. :B

stOrM!

Mark! awesome Picture!

Thank you for the Tips I will try...
Well do you know that you've made me Photoshop addicted?
That happends as I've seen your Tut about the Web Glass Buttons 8[

Normally I'm a Delphi Coder.
I had so much to do while coding, but I don't wanna code yet, I will design and try so many things right now :D

kindest regards
when does the next tut comes into my hand???

s!

stOrM!

I've forgot something to mention!

Mark! I really apreciate all the help I get from you and all friendly dudes on this Forum...

I have only one suggestion if possible:

Could you please, whenever you have a tip for me or make another Tut, make life a little bit easier for me, because of posting a shortcut for the mentioned tip / effect which I had to do?

It's really kinda hard to figure out, to find what I need, since I can't translate for example 1 to 1 whats it in english and what will it be in German since for example: Level Adjustment = Tonwertkorrektur see to find the right one would be much easier for me with Ctrl + L :D
Like Adobe didn't translate it 1 to 1 too [confused]

So when it's possible it would be more then great!
Thank you!

kindest regards
s!

wbiss

Guru
B7 :perfect: Nice follow-up Mark! ;) Mighty impressive results! :D

theKeeper

Guru
It's nice to share your enthusiasum Storm. :perfect:

"Quick Keys"?... ya i usually DO post them. If i don't, it's because i'm assuming the pesron i'm talking to knows them already.

The "Stroke" filter under the EDIT menu btw, has no quick-keys. }:\
Too bad to cuz i use it alot.

Thanks Wendy. ;\ :D

stOrM!

Same here Mark! ;)

for the stroke their is not a problem I already know where it is [excited]

kr
S!