What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eyecandy

Tron

Guru
I don't use after market filters very much. However, I just installed Eyecandy 4000 and it has some really good filters. Fun to play with
here is a sample. The wood effect, the fire and the motion trail are all eyecandy. B7

Eye Candy has a good reputation.
By the way, Rick, do you know Flaming Pear? They have some terrific ones too, like Superblade Pro. And they have demos... (heheee).:perfect:

I don't know 4000 personally. What does it do? Can you upload some more examples (one by one, and no hurry...;) )

See, now that is interesting, that motion blur effect, because that takes too much time in Photoshop, especially when you want this effect for a "complicated" object like this; a complete word.
Oops, suddenly I have an idea...have to press CTRL+N again :rofl: :rofl:

Nice, Good flame too. I use CandyEye every once in a while. I demo-ed Flaming Pear and liked it better but very expensive when you buy all of them. :p

Gaus keeps me so busy just trying PS tricks, I don't have time to experiment with filters.:shocked:

Huh? What's that Gaus? No I'm not complaining --not yet anyway .[shhh]

J

eyecandy 4000 can be a lot of fun to mess around with - I have had it for a long time now but over the last 3 or 4 months I have found that I am using them less and less I also used to use Xenofex, Alien Skin, flaming pear (this has flood) plus others that I had collected guess I am just too busy trying to learn all about the channells, pen and curves properly.
I have an image of the flaming pear flood if anyone wanted to see it below
sfm

Yea Sue it is kind of fun

Erik
Here is a sample of some of the filters

Rick, watch out with that fire! We already had an explosion thread and it almost got "out of hand" :rofl: :rofl:

Gaussian
I think this guy is a pretty good incentive to liva good life ha ha

flame-proof? hope so.

Rick --How'd you do that devil? 3d proggy? Very cool or should I say "hot" --don't intend to meet that guy ever.

I can tell you are enjoying candy-eye, u r getting me interested in it again.
Hey, write a challenge for flames
Joy

I used to play a game with EC. How can I used it for things other than was it was blatantly intended for? You know, lateral thinking type stuff.

The most practical thing I came up with was using Smoke in an Alpha channel for Masking. Man, it did beautiful things for collaging/montaging. Corona was good for this as well with a touch of Gauss tossed in.

I tried using Drips with Polar Coords for circular splattered effects. Mixed results, or maybe I just didn't play with it enough to get it right.

I had a few other lateral uses, but they escape me right now.

Back