What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Face editing

mrbomb

Hi all,

Would someone be so kind to reduce the black parts around the eyes (especially left side is quite dark) and reduce the wrinkles a little bit of the lady?
Many thanks in advance!

1638390050788.jpg

ex_teacher

Guru
I've been fiddling with this for what seems like forever and trying to get acceptable skin tones to my tastes. Like everyone else here, I was leery of overly reducing the 'wrinkles'. They give character and strength to her face. Killing the strong shadows is another matter, however.

I still like the severe 4x5 crop and I also composited the cards in, They make a sweet addition and a nice counter point.

lighten shadows & wrinkles_4x5_5a.jpg

JeffK

Guru
Inspired by @ex_teacher I decided to go back in and make a few more changes. I didn't crop the image even though his crop was an excellent choice - I'd rather leave that credit to him and work on my original crop.
I also changed the profile of the image to sRGB. This may also have an effect on the color range but I'm still having a problem with how images are being displayed in my browser (too cold). I boosted the color in other area and also brought back some of the facial characteristics.
This is a tough one but a beautiful image and definitely a family keeper! :)

grandma and baby boost 2.jpg