What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Face recognition tagging in photos

RedDwarf4Ever

Hello
i have a number of photos which if could sort by face recognition, would help me a lot. Unfortunately the programs I have found, use a tagging system, within the program, I need it to add tags to the file properties tags. Is there such a program ? if not I could do a search for a single person, and then hopefully I could add the tag myself to a bunch of photos at a time. Thank you

Thanks
i saw this, but can’t find out if it adds peoples names to the file properties tags.?

Lightroom...
Hello, yes Lightroom is the solution, wasn’t a simple journey though.
to sum up briefly
Lightroom metadata save to file, doesn’t save to the TAG field in windows properties
the export function however does save metadata to the TAG field ( peoples names) but it doesn’t maintain the
original folder hierarchy
I found a plugin that achieves this http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/folder-publisher
had some fun, as when setting the root folder for the destination files, it just wouldn’t save….think it Was because I used underscores in the folder name, it saved after I changed it, last hurdle was it wasn’t saving the same folder structure, it uses the same folder structure in Lightroom folder panel, so by expanding that, it then mimics that and works perfectly…..
so a perfect result…..pity adobe didn’t include such basic functionality, I do think such companies prefer the bells and whistles to basic needs…….🤣

An UPDATE
Been struggling with metadata save to file, as it hasn’t been working, even though export did, in hind sight that should have been a clue, can’t write to file, but can create a duplicate…
Hello, I have solved the problem. I was having problems displaying the picture image as a thumbnail, I was getting just an icon image. This has only started happening recently, possible since I installed Lightroom. However the icons do flash for a split second with the thumbnail image then go blank. I researched this phenomena, and was suggested to look in her registry under Jpg, to check I was authorised, when I opened it I saw the word Sage in there. Then I remembered installing sage to be able to see psd thumbnail images, which I don't think ever worked. Possibly sage and Lightroom have clashed 🤷🏻‍♀️ and I have now uninstalled sage, the thumbnails are back to normal, and metadata save to file WORKS.....so that's amazing news, don't really need to go through the export with the plug in now, unless I need extra features that publish has. All I need to do now is find the setting that protects the date picture taken stamp on the file, as don't want that overwritten.

thanks so so much for all the help

looks like I got a bit muddles, with lightroom Metadata save to file, doesnt actually write anything useable to the file, writes XMP data which is not visible in windows explorer properties, its rather an amiguous staement i think. so its back to export with the folder hierachy plug in...

Ok I need to correct my previous statement, Lightroom sabe MD to file does actually work, I had a dodgy USB port, and Lightroom doesn’t verify MD written…so now ok…..been on Lightroom for the past few days, tagged lots of photos, learning as I go. Made the mistake of importing lots of photos which already had TAGs Keywords attached, so Lightroom created keywords for them, in the belief I had created these keywords in error somehow, I deleted them, the Lightroom wasn’t aware of the TAGs in the photos anymore, long story short, 3 days of work wasted, started again today, and removed all the tags from the files first, so all going well this time…..I tried loads of File TAG removing programs, all failed for various reasons, till I discovered it can be done in windows, not just with properties, as the TAG field was empty, I searched for all JPGs chose properties, then clicked on remove personal information then it presents a window with a choice of what should be deleted, so I chose TAGS and all done…..always thought the remove personal imformation, was an action and it just did something……live and learn huh
think it’s maybe best to import files without TAGS avoids confusion, unless tge tags are not people maybe

4B2E0109-66F2-410D-BBCE-967EF72F1F11.png7253B1D2-AEDA-44D9-8EEB-3697695BD801.jpeg

Back