What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Fade object into the background

Meep

Basically want Putin and his horse to be faded into the background of this image, were they're kinda transparent like a ghost.

original.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome.

Photos are one dimensional. There are no pixels behind the subject......as in there's nothing to fade into.
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 12.29.26 PM.png

You would have to move the subject onto a new background (layered) where pixels exist. Do you have another appropriate image that you would like to have the subject fade into?

Meep

Thank you :)

Oh i see. I've found another image taken from the same shot, which shows alot more background so guess he could be moved over the left were there's dead space.

I also wonder if it's possible to remove the object from the image (and patch a makeshift background over it like other images i've seen on here) then fade the object in?

putin-3.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I also wonder if it's possible to remove the object from the image (and patch a makeshift background over it like other images i've seen on here) then fade the object in?
Attempts at cloning in from the original image will look "cloned" and there will be a lot of clone doubling.

Sorry guys! Great attempts though!
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 4.02.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 4.04.48 PM.png

The better option would be to use a new and consistent and natural background.

Meep

^^ Thanks. Could faded Putin in the above imagine be cut out and placed over Putin from the original imagine, so it has the original background?