What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fallen from Grace

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I had this idea in my head for a while and i've only now had the time to settle down and conjure up said image.

it's a little bit more out of my comfort zone as it's not a dark background.

fallen from grace.jpg
(double click please)

to be frank, i don't like it. not anything like i had hoped and the freaking wing was a bummer! not to mention the colours are out.

but i don't care, fire away!

Z,

I think it would really great if you concentrated more on the wings. Add some feather detail, put a proper right wing in there, make it contrast with the background.

Keep at it.

Agent

thanks agent, it's meant to look like they are fading away, hence why the right wing is not there and the left is very faint. but i'll have another crack at it :)

no she just let go of her halo which is then breaking up ;) the motion blur is a little misleading, it's not one of my better pieces. i think i need to recede back to my darker designs :p

Fallen From Grace.jpg

If you notice. I have found some image artifacts on your artwork. At the #7 point: I've found an unintentioned faint halo at the very tip of her leg.

Artifacts #1 & 2 are a bit strange and are unidentified I don't know what they are.

Artifact #3 has a flat grey streak going down her left arm and it makes your image look a little dirty.

Artifact #4 has a strange faint gloppy halo for itself.

Artifact #5 has a white string on her lower back that makes the image look little fake.

Artifact #6 has some faint black strings that needs to be corrected.

I love your idea, just work on correcting those spots and you got it made.

You might want to adjust the Brightness and Contrast in your art so that the other items that are in your art will stand out more.
Not too much and to too little on the Brightness and Contrast.

Maybe some color correction will do the trick?

Shes not coloured enough, makes the whole image look very flat.

Shes not coloured enough, makes the whole image look very flat.

You're right, he does need to add more color and shading. I need to train my brain and eyes more often for that. My sight is getting a bit rusty. I like his style but the Saturation is a bit faded.

I also think the greying of the lower clouds and sky looks added on, rather than integral to the environment. Maybe if the lower portion of the sky went lower it would look more like a falling angel with somewhere to fall.

i'm beginning to think it may be easier to start again from the ground up as there are many errors with this and i think even when they are fixed it may not look right, i've just found my old graphic design tablet, just got to look for the pen now, so i might sketch it instead, that way i am less limited.

thanks for the critique though guys :D!

i'm beginning to think it may be easier to start again from the ground up as there are many errors with this and i think even when they are fixed it may not look right, i've just found my old graphic design tablet, just got to look for the pen now, so i might sketch it instead, that way i am less limited.

thanks for the critique though guys :D!

Lol You're welcomed buddy. :)

I think that is a good idea Zee. I like it. You now have a much better idea what you want it to look like.

Just take your time and make it an elegant image. As you go, if you are fairly happy with what you have but not entirely, make a duplicate and use that as a starting point for experimenting on the next stage. If you're really pleased with where this is going, delete the first. If not, go back to the original and duplicate again. That's my advice.

Drejs told me he might work on a project for months (not exclusively of course). Do you remember his work? This is elegance:

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/show-board/32998-sanctuary.html

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/show-board/34322-serenity.html

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/show-board/33909-beginnings.html

This one inspired my "Boys in the Hood" and a few other compositions I made. None of them came close to his polish, but I liked them and they were fun to make.

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/show-board/34027-moment-time.html

I feel like with more practice you should revisit this. This really isn't a bad start at all, but it just screams photoshop for now.

Back