What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS OR WINTER EFFECT SCENES!!

Hi folks,
I'm new to the forums but have known of Mark and others for awhile now. I'm from eastern Ontario,.. the Ottawa valley area. It took awhile for me to get a digital camera. I was saving my pennies for an SLR but broke down and picked up a Fujifinepix 3100. Though it takes nice shots, but it reminds that nothing beats a manual focus and other hands on controls. SLR Camera prices are coming down slowly and I still want to get one eventually. I like the looks of the Nikon and the Canon models.

The photo is a part of a view from my back window. I used PS to tint this one as well. The corner tabs were done quickly in Xara (vecor) and exported as PNG with channel, layered it, dragged and dropped it into work area, then scaled. Desaturated it then added noise. The corners can be done just as easily in Photoshop too. The line framing was done by stroking selections at differering pixel widths and set under the corner tabs layer. Sorry about the half baked explanation. I'll do gooder the next time. \:/

Wayne

Let me be the first to Welcome you to PSG -

Lovely winter scene...You are lucky to live in this beautiful fairy land! Nice composition with the trees framing the barn. Yeh I think you are wise to buy a low cost digy now and get the "hang" of it. You've got to drop them a few times and then learn how to careful. It's motivating to always opine for the "next one up"..

I like the corner tabs, I wonder what they would look like without the shine. Nice blend of software. A Superior first post.

Back