What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feather Frustration!

jeanli

Okay, why do I crash every single time I try to use feather? I am running Mac OS 9.1, PS 5.5, tried re-installing to no avail. Tried 5.0, crash crash. I am guessing there's some conflict, yeah right, but before I start combing slowly through the extensions and plug-ins and preferences all day, I thought perhaps someone has heard of this? aaargh!
thankx...jeanli

sfm

Guru
there is nothing worse than a crash![sleepy]
just a suggestion but try pushing the ram down back into place and see if that works if it crashes with other programs then perhaps bad ram if it is only PS and only feather then it is a bad file and reinstalling a bad file wont work either
lets hope someone can offer you some help Jeanli
sfm

kiwi

Guru
Hi and welcome :D

Are you using a Wacom graphics tablet?.....if so try removing the Pentools plugin as this plugin is known to cause a number of hassles for people :)

What other software do you have installed?....ie plugins etc?

Also do you have the ATM plugin?,thats another known nuisance :)

If you are using the automatic software update panel to upgrade your extensions etc be aware that it can upgrade something that will not agree with something else which has to date been working fine.I do all mine manually :)

Cheers

Stu.

jeanli

feather...

hey everybody, guess what , I figured it out, at least for now: somewhere in my web travels I found a tip: to rename the preferences file, then restart, forcing a new pref. file I guess--well it worked! I had already tried throwing out the pref file previously, I'm not really sure what the difference is, but hey...
thanks for your help, PS gurus!

xojeanli