What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feedback on my work (3 years)

pericoshop

Hey all!
I'm new here and I have been doing PS for 3 years
help is appreciated!
context: I started with a lot of videogame art before venturing into manipulation

perinkidink.png

Mario.jpg

Speedrun.jpg

sdgdg (1).png

Luffy.png

chicken boi.png

Hello and welcome to PSG.

I really have no serious critiques of your works to offer, all are very well done! The Rabbit and the chicken have great lighting and blend exceptionally well into their perspective backgrounds. The Rabbits selection on his head (including the whiskers) and chest could have used some additional attention. Both of their shadows are a bit off, the Rabbits being a bit more noticeable, but not enough to really matter. All in all, great work!

PS: Although well done, the composition of the fourth one down has me a little puzzled................but that could be my age! It may be relevant to some gaming reference that I'm not familiar with!

PS: Although well done, the composition of the fourth one down has me a little puzzled................but that could be my age! It may be relevant to some gaming reference that I'm not familiar with!
lol it was a commision, its from an anime

The Rabbit and the chicken have great lighting
Do you have any tips for the orange highlights on the chicken? usually, an inverted solid color mask does the truck but it looked really bad unless it was in linear light (which isn't ideal) should I have gone for a colorized hue/saturation layer?

Do you have any tips for the orange highlights on the chicken?
The edge lighting seems fine for me. The reflected hues on the body itself could have been only slightly stronger................most shoppers get this too strong............in most cases, a little goes a long way.

usually, an inverted solid color mask does the truck but it looked really bad unless it was in linear light (which isn't ideal) should I have gone for a colorized hue/saturation layer?
The beauty of Ps is that you have so many options!! If one is not providing the desired results, try another! I personally prefer solid color layers for stuff like this, but if it was not working for me, I would have tried other methods. So to answer your question, if you were not happy with the results, then yes, you should have tried a colorized H&S layer!

Hi!
I like what you present
hoping not to displease you
I have a comment to add maybe
The sun (in my opinion) should create the amount of shade elongated
and
the body of the animal more darkened
rabbit.gif

Nice to see you back on the forum.

Back