What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Feedback please!

tranquil222

Power User
I'm doing a poster for a local club, if you have time, here it is...tell me if / where i've gone wrong. Thanks for your time everyone!<br>

Hi! I think that pencil sketch of one boy helping up the other is the star of the piece. I think I would endeavor to make it the main focal point of the poster by maybe zooming or cropping in on it more so it isn't competing so much with all the surrounding elements. Right now where it is just touching those graphic stripes below it I think it is just creating visual confusion because no one element of the poster really wins out over all others. I think a complete overlap would be better. Maybe tilt it a few more degrees off the horizontal than it is to give it even more interest.

Are you going to be adding some type in the bottom portion of the poster later?

Hiya tranquil, my obective opinion is to lose the star entirely, doesn't really add at all to the graphic, whick I really do like.

Don't know if your strapped with the colors below the graphic, but if you're not, look for complimentary colors. Right now the match is,,,,,well,...mis-matched.

It's 80% there. Good luck. :perfect:

Hi tranquil222,

I do like the graphic as well, and I agree with the comments, boys are great , the star doesn`t do that much .. I would not have it at all.

Please keep us posted.
:)

graphic

I like the graphic of the boys and agree with tilting it more to the right.

As to the star.. is that part of the local club's logo or something? If so, I'd leave it in since everyone getting the poster would relate to it.
Are the 4 bottom colors also part of their "look" or..colors of the club? If they are, I wonder if you could use them differently. As was noted in the other posts, they don't complement each other all together. If you do have to use them, can you separate them in any way such as blue and green together and the pink/grey in another spot? or is the bottom color scheme/layout part of the club's "we want that in there"?

How much leaway do you have? I'd love to see if you're given more choices to lay it out.

You might want to clean up the picture a bit more as I see white edges past the grey stroke around it.

That bottom color set, IMHO, seems out of place. Does Cascadia need to be in bright pink?

Keep us posted
Tanya

graphic

I like the graphic of the boys and agree with tilting it more to the right.

As to the star.. is that part of the local club's logo or something? If so, I'd leave it in since everyone getting the poster would relate to it.
Are the 4 bottom colors also part of their "look" or..colors of the club? If they are, I wonder if you could use them differently. As was noted in the other posts, they don't complement each other all together. If you do have to use them, can you separate them in any way such as blue and green together and the pink/grey in another spot? or is the bottom color scheme/layout part of the club's "we want that in there"?

How much leaway do you have? I'd love to see if you're given more choices to lay it out.

You might want to clean up the picture a bit more as I see white edges past the grey stroke around it.

That bottom color set, IMHO, seems out of place. Does Cascadia need to be in bright pink?

Keep us posted
Tanya

Back