What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Few new tutorials.

Sanby

Power User
I finally added a few tutorials to my site. check them out at www.pixelforge.web1000.com/pstuts.htm

Try'em out if you want and tell me if they are understandible, and/or anything I should add or change.

Thnx

Sanby

Good tutorials Sanby. I appreciated the scanline one the most. It's so easy, one would never think of doing it that way without guidance. Thanks again.

:perfect: kewl web site sanby!

i do have a question that really isnt anyhting to do with your tutorials its more about your web hosting

1: Can i use a HTML editor like dreamweaver to create my pages to host at web1000?

2: do they support SWF and allow you to upload flash intros?

ive looked through the FAQ at web1000 and couldnt find anyhting that said i could so im unsire and i was wandering if you knew. :)

THX

GURCH

Yup you can use Dreamweaver. I myself use dreamweaver and upload using the built in ftp uploader in Dreamweaver.

Yeah, you an add swf's. My site has a bunch of flash. The navbar, the topleft thing and my site intro.

Sanby

B7 Cool Sanby!
Your site looks slick too! :D

yeah your site certainly has inspired me to check into making one of my own :D :D

Nice site Sanby...

I have a good tip for you about using FLash for menus... ok?

When using text links within your Flash menu, make sure you go that extra step and put a "clickable area" into the link button. This would generally consist of a simple rectangle behind the text.

Why?
Well... because if you don't do that, the space between each letter will NOT be 'clickable', only the letters will be, and the user's mouse will actually 'miss' the letters most of the time. Ever seen that outline created around text links in IE, after a link is clicked? Well that's essentially the same principle. MS built that 'invisible rectangle' into their browser just for that reason -- to make it easier for folks to click a text link.

In Flash it's very simple to add this 'hot spot' (the space is alreday provided for it when you make your button; it's the last space/frame on the right), and it really save folks getting frustrated. ;)

Hope you don't mind the advice. ;\

No, I don't mind the advice it's great! I had noticed the same thing, so I just would click on the dot next to the text, but that my not be the viewers first reaction. I'l go into Flash and check it out.

When making a button there's that last keyframe of the four. In the helpfile, it just goes as far as how to use the first three, I never learned to use the other one. You are saying that is how I can acieve this? Is there a tutorial on it somewhere?

Sanby

looks great :perfect: I might even go in and do some of those tutes for fun he he he
sfm

Well there are Sample Flash files under the HELP! menu Sanby... but you don't really need those for this. Just click into your button, click on that last (4th) frame, and draw a rectangle around the area where the text is. Make sure you emcompass the entire word.

Then exit the button editing area back to your document. From then on, that rectangle will define the clickable area for that link.

Does the rectangle need to be clear? Or will it work automatically. Sorry, it's late and I don't want to go into the program this second.

BTW, I tried out the tutorials on my brother who doesn't know a thing about photoshop and it turned out a bunch of holes in them. I am gonna fix them to make them easier to understand.

That brother comes in handy sometimes [excited]

Sanby

:rofl: Ya that's a great "use" for brothers. [:I

No Sanby the rectangle can be any colour you want. It's just a defining space, it won't be seen at all in the button.

Back