What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File-name on multiple images.

Torredipisa

Hi
I need an automated process to write the filename of multiple images on the images itself, just like a caption, to write
above the bottom.
Any idea?
Thank You for an advice.
Fabio

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @Torredipisa / Fabio

The following approach may not meet your exact need yet thought it was worth mentioning and the is using the
File > Automate > Contact Sheet II capability (panel shown below).

You can either create a contact sheet, yet if you want it done by individual image you can set the columns and rows to 1.

This may not provide exactly what you want yet thought it would be worth considering.

If not, please note that an automated process whether and Action or Scripts needs clearly specified parameters such as are the images all different pixels sizes, do you need the pixel dimensions retained (or not), is placement position of the file name critical etc, etc etc. So if Contact Sheet II does not meet your need it would help to know all of your requirements for the automation you desire.

Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

You Tube Video Linik: Photoshop Tutorial: How to easily create a contact sheet YouTube https://www.youtube.com · Ewan Arnolda

Screen Shot 2023-05-27 at 7.08.24 AM.JPG

MarshySwamp

Hi
I need an automated process to write the filename of multiple images on the images itself, just like a caption, to write
above the bottom.
Any idea?
Thank You for an advice.
Fabio

There are many scripts available for such a task if you search the internet, however, they are all very specific to the images and end-user requirements. So if you can provide at least one before/after sample file that would help me to help you. Font sizing is specific to document resolution, so having all images at a consistent PPI value would help. Font, size, colour, position etc can be shown in the sample PSD file.

Dormeur74

Power User
Hi Torredipisa & MarshySwamp
I wrote a script a long time ago. You may try it.
If it helps, I would appreciate if you correct my poor English (in the script itself).

Attachments

• Signature.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 3