What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fill-Source or Clone Stamp for individual gif frames

oldman

I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to edit individual gif frames in photoshop to the extend where, for example, I could use the “fill source” or the “clone stamp” tool to edit out specific elements from some frames of a gif. I need to have the ability to manipulate individual frames as if they were simple pictures. All the tutorials I ‘ve seen on the web so far, offer solutions that give limited access in photoshop tools and actions. On the example of “fill source”, this function is not selectable for individual gif frames, nor -of course- for the gif as a whole. Can anyone tell me how can I activate all tools and functions for individual frames? Thank you in advance.

Hello and welcome.

Both the Clone Stamp Tool and the Content Aware fill work on individual GIF frames. So I'm not certain why this would be a problem. Can you show screen shots and offer more explanation? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

You have to have your timeline open and select a frame, select/highlight the corresponding layer in the layers panel. Then use the tool or content aware fill.

Can you post the GIF you are trying to edit?

In this GIF, I have edited out the clock (or light) on the building/house above the Cowboys head/hat in half the frames.

CowboyEdited.gif

When you said that is should have been working, I checked a little further and it worked! Up until now I was choosing the frames I wanted to edit only on the timeline, but the frames on the right menu remained on "frame one". When I selected them both in timeline and on the right menu, I could edit every one of them just fine. Thank you.

Back