What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filling layer with transparency

revnart

Power User
Hey everyone, I missed this feature over the years or it's something new?
I reset colors with (D) and if I use Alt+Backspace I fill the layer with background color, Ctrl+Backspace fills with foreground color = this is completely normal but when I add Shift if fills only opaque areas and if I use Ctrrl+Shift+Alt+Backspace it fills with a selected element from history:

Original:
original.png
Ctrl+Shift+Backspace:
csb.png
Alt+Shift+Backspace:
asb.png
Alt+Backspace and then Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Backspace:
asb_casb.png

It was always like that? and I didn't know that and was wasting time clicking "lock transparency" icon in layers panel?

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi revnart
I always enjoy shortcut key posts because I did not know about them (or forgot about them). The following web site indicates here is what they had all the way back to CS2 yet have not personally verified that from any other source than this website on PS shortcuts: https://www.nobledesktop.com/shortcuts/photoshopcs2/pc
Thanks for posting
John Wheeler
Image shown for CS2 of those shortcuts including Shift+Backspace to pull up fill dialog. Very similar to what you posted
Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 4.51.13 PM.png

revnart

Power User
So I missed this shortcut somehow :) Shame I didn't know it before but it's nice to know it :)