What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Fingernails and soft skin

Squidward91

Hi everyone,
Can anyone help me out and make the fingernails in this photo look cleaner (some paint is chipping) and also this is a headshot so how would I make the skin appear softer or basically less flawed? (I'm not sure if softer is the correct term) any help would be appreciated! Thanks so muchIMG_0015.JPG

fredfish

Guru
I hope you dont mind @chrisdesign I have taken your excellent edit but I have tried to deal with with the issue of the contact lenses (which IMHO is a bigger issue than the skin which was fine).

Untitled-2-Recovered.jpg

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
This is nicely done John, though did you somehow desaturate the image?

Certainly not intentionally - I have been thinking recently that images that I post have not been how I have seen them on my screen . I am beginning to think I have a problem!

When I view them in PS they appear fine. When I see them in .jpg they dont feel the same.

Cheers

john

fredfish

Guru
Here is my .psd I would be inretested if someone can take a look. I have taken the edit by @chrisdesign and applied edits to the eyes and I agree it has come out desaturated.

Any Ideas?

Eyes.psd

Cheers

John

gedstar

Guru
Hey John

Your PSD file looks fine, what color profile do you use.
My PS is set to Adobe RGB (1998)

This is your PSD with RGB set to sRGB
image1.jpg

And this is it with RGB set to Adobe RGB
image2.jpg

And here's the image saved with Adobe RGB color profile embedded
eyes.jpg

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
Ged - that would appear to be the problem. My default colour profile does indeed appear to be sRGB. Is there a way to set the default colour profile to Adobe RGB? I have done a bit of searching and cant find a way to change the default.

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
Just go to Edit and Color Settings and change RGB working space to Adobe RGB (1998)

Easy when you know how!! Huge thanks :thumbsup:

Cheers

John

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I changed that to sRGB (1998) when I had CS6, now I changed it again...Thanks Ged!